12

a few weeks later i was sat with my mum on the sofa. i'd been doing college from home, joining calls and watching the videos the teachers sent. the teachers were understanding about the situation and gave as many resources as they could to help me.

a small bump began to show. leah has been living in london as her season started a few weeks ago but she visits whenever she can.
"i think you should go for a scan soon. it's been a few weeks and it's probably time to" my mum says, while we sit watching tv. i hum and nod my head.
"do you want me to book an appointment for whenever they're next available?" she asks.
"yeah. and thanks mum. thanks for supporting me and helping me through this. i really appreciate it." i say back to her.
"of course darling." she gets up to get her phone to ring to book me an appointment.

"i've booked it for half three today." she said, kissing my head as she sat down beside me again. i leaned my head on her shoulder and carried on watching.

it's 2 o'clock and i heard my phone ring. mum grabbed it and gave it me.
"is she not at training?" i asked. my mum shrugged. i answered and saw her smiling at me.
"hi just checking in. how's everything going" she asked. i saw that she's in the cafeteria at training. i cant see if she's with anyone else.
"yeah good. mum booked me a scan at half three." i smiled.
"that's good. is there a bump yet" she asked.
"yeah a little bit" i replied and put my hand to my lower stomach.

"hi beth" i said as i saw her walking behind leah.
"hi mini williamson" she laughed.
"so original" i rolled my eyes jokingly.
"how come you're not at college?" she questioned as she sat beside leah.
"leah you haven't told anyone?" i said with a raised eyebrow.
"no just jordan knows" she shook her head.
"oh, well i'm staying in mk and doing college from home."
"oh how come?" she asks.
"i-uh. um" i look to my mum who gives me a smile. i then look at leah. she nods so i just say it. i wasn't sure if she wanted any of her team to know yet.

"i'm pregnant." i say, looking down.
"oh. congratulations" she says cheerfully. i give her a small smile.

after a while leah is on her own.
"did you not want her to know?" leah asks.
"no it's not that. i just didn't know if you wanted anyone to know."
"it doesn't matter to me if anyone knows. it's your choice, if you want to tell people then you can. i'll support you no matter what. all i want is for you to be safe and healthy." she smiles.
"i've got to go and get ready for my scan. i'll speak to you later."

i decided to message maya to tell her i've got an appointment.

me: hey maya. i'm just letting you know that i'm going for a scan at half 3. xx

maya<3: hi lil. i hope it goes well for you. xx

then i decided to get dressed. i put on a hoodie and some joggers. mum drove us to the hospital and told them my name. we sat down and waited to be called.

"lily williamson" a lady called. i got up and followed her to a room.
"just sit on that bed for me" she said pointing to a bed. i sat down and started fiddling with my coat zip.
"is this mum?" she gestured to my mum. i nodded and she smiled. she explained what she was going to do while i nodded.

"so, do you want to know the gender?" she asked as she started to put the gel on my stomach.
"um. can you put it in an envelope. i want to do it with all my family." i said. she nodded with a smile. she did the ultrasound.
"looks like you have two healthy babies in there." she said turning the screen towards me.
"two?" i said in shock. she nodded.
"im having twins?" i couldn't believe it.
"are you okay?" she asked as i put my hand over my mouth.
"i don't- i just- im shocked that's all. i didn't expect it. wow" i stutter out.

she wipes off the gel and i sit up. she hands me the envelope and leads us to the door.
"good luck with the rest of your pregnancy." she says with a smile. i give her a small smile back and we walk to the car.

"how are you feeling?" mum says.
"honestly really surprised" i reply. "leah should be finished training now, right?" i ask. mum nods.

i facetime leah, and she answers. she's driving out of training and puts her phone on the stand.
"how did it go?" she asks.
"good. got some news. are you coming home tonight?"
"i wasn't planning on but i can do. we don't have training tomorrow." i nod at her.
"i'll see you in a bit then. bye leah"
"bye" she says and i end the call.

when we get home i walk inside and see jacob on the sofa.
"how did it go? did you find out the gender?"
"it went good. and no not yet. we're gonna do it together." i said showing him the envelope.

after a while leah comes home. i'm in my room, just tidying some things up. leah comes in and pulls out my desk chair and sits on it.
"do you mind. i just tidied up" i joked.
"ooh sorry. it looks the same to me" leah teases back.
"dickhead" i stick my tongue at her.
"let's see the bump then." she says. i lift my tshirt up slightly.
"awh. your favourite auntie loves you" she says to my belly.
"who says your gonna be the favourite." i tease.
"what if beth is the favourite auntie." i joke
"she won't be. she's too annoying" leah jokes back.
"come then, let's reveal this baby's gender" leah says, leading me out of the room. i follow her with the envelope in my hand.

everyone sits on the sofa and waits for me.
"so i got some news when i got my ultrasound.. i'm having twins" i said. everyone looked shocked while me and mum smiled at each other. i opened the envelope. i pulled out the paper.
"it's.. a boy and a girl" i said. everyone cheered. my mum hugged me and kissed the side of my head.
"i just want to say that i love you all and thank you for supporting me. it hasn't been easy but hopefully the reward at the end will bring more happiness than the pain of the journey. so here's to my baby boy and girl. i already love them tonnes" i said with a smile. everyone hugged me. it felt so right. i was surrounded by the people that i love. and soon enough there will be two additions to that group.

i went upstairs to call maya.

me: are you free to call? x
maya<3: yeah x

she called me and i answered with a smile.
"i'm having twins. a boy and a girl" i said looking at her.
"oh my god. really?" she said, excitement in her voice. "i wish i could be with you. i miss you."
"i miss you too. i wish i could be in your arms" i said sadly.

we spoke for a while longer.
"i would even move to arsenal to be closer to you" she said.
"i'm so honoured." i teased.
"i wouldn't ask you to do that though. i know how much you love city. you literally bleed blue" i say the end but jokingly.
"i know. but i would do it. i love you" she said. we've said i love you before. but this felt different. the first time since we've been together.
"i love you too" i said smiling.

"celebratory dinner in 5" leah said as she burst into my room. "oh sorry" she said as she noticed that she disturbed us having a moment.
"it's alright leah" i laughed as i noticed her turning slightly red.

"i'll talk to you later maya. love you" i said
"bye lil. love you too" she said and i cut the phone off. i went downstairs with leah.

"leah why do you look red" jacob laughed when he saw leah.
"she's embarrassed cause she interrupted me and maya having a little moment." i teased. i gently shoved her shoulder and sat at the table.
"so are you two together yet." my mum asked.
"mhm. for a few weeks now" i said
"well we're all happy for you" dad said. everyone else nodded.

a few hours later i went to bed before everyone else. i tossed and turned but couldn't sleep.
"leah" i said as i saw her walking past my room. she walked in.
"everything okay" she asked, leaning against the doorframe.
"cant sleep. can i sleep in your bed?"
"yeah. i'm going down to do something. i'll be there in a bit" she said.

i went to her bed and she went downstairs. after a while she came up and slid into bed next to me.
"have you thought of any names yet" leah asked.
"no not yet." i said. "any suggestions"
"maybe a leah junior" she joked.
"piss off" i laughed.
"just joking" she laughed. "but nah. no ideas from me"

after a while we fell asleep.

A/N: wordcount for this chapter is 1607
hope you guys liked it. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know :)