14

the next morning i woke up and saw my mum sat on the chair on the opposite side of the room.
"hi mum" i said as i sat up.
"morning lil" leah said as she walked out of the bathroom.
"le what are you doing here?" i said shocked that she was here.
"no training today or tomorrow" she answered.
"alright. i'm going to get changed." i said and got up and went to the bathroom.

"don't cry baby matty. aunty leah is here" leah said while picking up matt. i smiled as i walked out of the bathroom. as soon as leah picked him up, he stopped crying.
"see i'm his favourite" leah says to me. i playfully roll my eyes and start to pack some things away. i really need my own house. leah and mum change the babies and then i feed them.

soon the midwife comes in and takes the twins for one last check.
"okay. you are all free to go home now" she smiles.
"thank you so much" i say while smiling. i put the babies into their car seats and we go to the car. i carried matty while leah carried lila. my mum helped to clip the seats in properly and i sat between them.

when we got home i took them out of the car seats and put them in the crib downstairs that jacob and dad set up.
"thanks for sorting everything out" i said to them. they nodded and smiled.

i pulled my phone out and saw that i have a few messages.

maya<3: just found out the news. congratulations. i love you so much. i've got holidays next week so i'll come down if you want. xx
me: thank you baby. i would love you to come down. i miss you and love you. xx

sara: hi lily. i hope you are well. congratulations on the births. i wish you all the best for the future and i hope one day i'll see you again x

me: thank you sara. i really appreciate it. i hope to see you too. x

lucy: congratulations kid. rest up and i wish you the best. hope to see you soon.
me: thanks luce. love you.

keira: congratulations on the twins kiddo. we will come down whenever you're ready. get some rest. love you lots
me: thanks kei. love you too

"im gonna go have a nap" i said after eating lunch.
"alright sweetie." mum said as i left. i went upstairs and flopped onto my bed. it was so comfortable. way better than the hospital.
i fell asleep almost immediately. it was a good sleep. i really needed it after waking up in the night.

i woke up feeling refreshed. i went downstairs and saw leah holding lila while jacob held matty.
"good sleep" leah asked as i sat between them.
"mhm" i turned the tv on and put on some netflix. jacob gave me matty and left the room. i held him and kissed his head. i put my finger in his palm and he held onto it. i smiled at him. he opened his eyes and looked at me. he had the same eyes as me. i rubbed a thumb over his tiny fingers.
"man this just doesn't feel real. i can't believe i pushed out 2 babies. i never thought this would happen, especially at this age. i love them both so much" i said as i looked between them.
"they both have your eyes" leah says with a smile.

we chilled on the sofa until lila started to cry. i took her from leah and gave her matty. i fed lila and changed her nappy. then she fell asleep. i put her in the crib and then fed matty. i noticed that matty was more relaxed and didn't cry as much. he mostly slept through the day, whereas lila kept waking up and crying.

it is now dinner time and we sat at the table with the babies in the other room. i ate quickly and then went back to check on them. i took a picture of them both sleeping and holding hands. i sent it to maya and asked her not to send it to anyone.

i posted a picture of their hands on my instagram story and put the caption 'my babies lila and matty 🤍'

i sat on the sofa and we all watched a movie. around 9 o'clock i took the twins upstairs to bed. i got them changed and did their nappies. then i fed them before putting them to sleep. i got myself ready for bed and then got in my own bed. i decided it would be best to get as much sleep as possible as i would probably get woken through the night.

A/N: this chapter is only 805 words. sorry that it's so short. i'll try get another one out soon.
if you have any ideas please let me know :)

williamsons sisterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara