2

it's 9am and my alarm has just gone off. i am really excited to see leah but i'm dreading the drive there. i have never been a fan of long drives. i get pretty bored. i get up and grab some clothes, making my way to the bathroom. i quickly get ready and go downstairs for breakfast. everyone else is still asleep so i try to be quiet. after i finished breakfast, i quickly wash my dishes and then sit on the sofa. it's now 9:30 and i'm just scrolling through tiktok. suddenly i feel hands wrap around my shoulders, hugging me from behind. i look up to see maya. i put my hands on her arms and rest my head into her. 

"i'm going to miss you loads" she says. she comes and sits next to me putting her head on my shoulder. 

"i'll miss you too. i'll call you every day" i said, wrapping my arm around her shoulder, pulling her into me. we stayed like that for a while. 

now it's 9:45. i remember that i haven't got my charger and haven't brought my things downstairs. i detached myself from maya and ran upstairs. i grabbed my charger stuffing it in my bag and brought it to the stairs. lucy came out of the bathroom and saw me. 

"you leaving now?" she asked. 

"no in about 15 minutes" i replied. she nodded and went back to her and keira's room to grab keira. i dragged the suitcase down the steps while struggling. i was halfway down when lucy took the suitcase from my hands and carried it down for me. keira following behind.

we all sat in the living room, waiting. soon the walsh parents came down to say goodbye before i left as my taxi should be arriving in a few minutes. 

then keira and lucy both hugged me goodbye. 

my taxi arrived and maya came to the door with me. lucy put my things in the car while i said bye to maya. 

"bye maya, i'll see you soon" i said pulling her into a hug. i kissed the top of her head and then pulled away. i looked at her eyes, then i found my own eyes wandering to her lips. no. i couldn't. she's my best friend. 

then i went and sat in the  car. my mind was spinning. what was i thinking. as the taxi drove away i waved back to the walsh's and lucy who were gathered at the door waving. 

during the drive my mind kept running back to a particular redhead. i did find her attractive. did she feel the same about me? would i have actually kissed her? there were millions of thoughts, but i knew one thing. i could not mess anything up with maya. 

i pulled out my laptop to distract myself from my thoughts. i started watching a netflix show i downloaded. it was quite interesting and soon enough we were in london. 

i messaged leah to tell her that i'm in london. she immediately messaged back saying she's waiting at home. when we arrive, the driver helps me get my suitcase from the boot. i thank him and then walk to the front door. i take a deep breath. why? no clue. she's my sister. why am i so nervous? i knock and wait a few seconds. leah opens the door and pulls me into a hug, slightly picking me up and twirling me around.

"i'm so glad to see your face." she says, clear joy in her face. 

"me too" i say chuckling. then i see another person behind leah. leah steps out to grab my bags and bring them in. 

"hi jordy" i say with a smile, pulling her into a hug. 

"hi kiddo" she hugs me back. i've always liked jordan. she's such a sweet person. she's literally perfect for leah. and leah's perfect for her. i can tell they love each other so much. 

they let me into the house and show me to the guest room, where i'll be staying. 

"we've got a game tomorrow. you want to come?" leah asks while sitting on my bed. 

"yeah course" i say while unpacking my things. 

"what do you want for dinner? we can't have takeout because of the game" leah says. 

"i don't mind. anything" i reply.

we didn't do much today. jordan went home and leah made lasagna. well, tried to. 

we ate dinner. it looked questionable but it didn't taste too bad. 

"how is it?" leah asked. 

"it's shit" i joked. leah's expression changed. "no no i was only joking" i said reassuring her. 

after we finished, we went and watched a movie. leah put harry potter on while we sat on the sofa. i cuddled into her as she played it. i really missed her. the cuddles. the way she cares about me. the random gestures she does. 

after a while i start to get fidgety. leah notices and holds my hand. 

"you okay? you seem a bit distracted" she asks looking at me. i just nod. the truth is that i couldn't stop thinking about what happened with maya. or more of what could have happened. 

"what's on your mind lil" she asks not believing me. 

"just something happened before i came and i can't stop thinking about it. i just don't know what to do. or think." i replied playing with the rings on leah's fingers.

"you want to tell me what happened" she asks while pausing the tv. she's so soft and gentle with me. she's not forcing me to tell her, but i can't keep anything from her. she's been my person from day one. 

"erm how do i say this. well. when i was leaving, i was saying bye to maya. and i couldn't help looking at her lips. i felt like i wanted to kiss her. but i don't know." 

"what don't you know" she asked in that gentle tone. she rubbed her hands on my arms while my head rested on her shoulder. 

"i don't know. maybe i did. maybe i didn't. i don't know how to feel. but i also feel like i really like her. but i don't know if she feels the same. i don't want to ask her or say anything in case it gets weird between us or if it ruins our friendship. and even if she does, i don't want to risk our friendship if we don't work out. i cant even imagine losing her as a friend." i say

"that probably sounded confusing but i'm so confused myself" i look at her. 

"i know what you mean" she says. "i was in the same situation with jordan before we started dating. i was terrified of messing up our friendship. but we didn't. we're fine and happier than ever. if you really love each other, you will make it work and you won't mess anything up." she says. i listen to what she says. she always knows exactly what to say. 

"thank you leah. i'm so grateful to have you as my sister" i say hugging into her. we carry on watching the movie and then go up to bed. i'm quite tired from the long drive so i get straight into bed. i quickly grab my phone to message maya. 

me: hey maya, i'm really exhausted so i can't call you tonight. that drive took it out of me. i'll definitely ring you tomorrow. love you x

maya<3: hey lil, it's okay, you rest up and i'll speak to you tomorrow. love you too x

with that i fell asleep. 

A/N: this chapter is 1270 words. 

thank you guys for reading. hope you like it so far