3

the next morning leah came in my room to wake me up.

"lily wake up. you need to get ready for the game." she sat on my bed and gently shook my shoulder to wake me up. as i opened my eyes, she smiled at me. she left the room and got herself ready. i also got myself ready. i went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and then went back to my room to get dressed. i wore my arsenal shirt and some nike shorts. even though i play for city, i'm still a gunner through and through.

i went downstairs and put myself some cereal in. i sat across from leah. she already finished her breakfast and was sat on her phone.

"beth asked if we can pick her and viv up on the way, so we need to leave soon" leah said putting her phone away. i nodded and put my bowl in the sink. i quickly ran upstairs to get my shoes and put them on. leah grabbed her bag and we went out to the car.

i sat in the front and put my seatbelt on. leah started driving and i opened the mirror.

"what are you doing" leah asked.

"my hair" i replied, while parting my hair. i did my hair in 2 french plaits. we arrived at beth and vivs house, leah sent me to knock on their house.

"hi lily. you've grown so much" beth said pulling me into a hug.

"hi lily." viv said also hugging me.

we soon arrived at meadow park and leah took me to the changing room with her.

"is everyone decent?" she asked before opening the door. we heard lots of yeahs so leah opened the door. we walked in and everyone surrounded me, hugging me and asking how i've been. some of them also congratulated me on winning the league.

"bloody hell. let the girl breathe" leah said pulling me to her seat.

after a while leah sent me to sit with the subs while everyone else got dressed. i sat with jordan and lotte. soon all the girls walked out. we were playing against everton. the game went really well and the girls won 4-1.

after the game maya sent me a picture of her tv. i was sat on the subs bench on tv. i told her that i'll ring her when i get back.

leah came over to me.

"you played really well" i said to leah.

"thanks lil. i'm going to do a lap and then i'll come get you." she said. i nodded.

after she did a lap she took me back to the changing rooms. she went to have a shower and i waited for her. after she was done we went out with beth and viv beck to the car. we decided to go out for lunch in a cafe.

we sat down at a table and looked at the menu. i ordered a chicken salad with a water.
while we waited for our food, we spoke about my life in manchester.

"there isn't much to do really. i just go to school and then training. it's fun living with my best friend but it gets a bit hard when i feel like i really need my family. you know like for advice and stuff. i know i can ring them and stuff but it's different in person" i speak. leah gives me a little smile before changing the subject as she notices me getting a bit upset.

"so how are lucy and keira" she says.
"yeah they're good. treat me like a sister" i say.

soon the food arrives and we eat. leah pays for us all and then we leave. we drop beth and viv off at their house and then we go to leah's.

"i'm going to call maya. i'll be down in a bit" i say running upstairs. i go into my room and message maya.

me: hey maya. are you free to call now x

she rings me as soon as she sees the message

"hey girlie. how are you" i say smiling at her.
"i'm good. it's been a bit boring without you. lucy and keira still have training so i've been lonely" she says with a fake sad face.
"you'll be fine. i miss you" i say.
"i miss you" she says back.

we talk for a while more until she has to go. we say bye and hang up. i sit for a bit. i think about my feelings for maya. it feels like they grow every time i see her. her smile makes me smile. her laugh is contagious. i cant stop thinking about her. she might not even feel the same way about me. i need to stop. but i just can't. i lay down with my hands over my face. i don't know what to do. i cant tell her how i feel. can i? no it would probably mess everything up. i'm just happy to have her in my life. and if that's just as friends, then so be it.

soon leah comes into my room and lays next to me.
"want to talk about it?" she asks softly. i just shake my head. i move closer to her, burying my head into her neck. i cant help it, tears fall from my eyes.
"don't cry baby. everything's going to be okay" she says while stroking my hair. i just cry into her neck. none of us say anything more.

after a while i calm down. i sit up and wipe my puffy red eyes and go to the bathroom to wash my face. when i go back to my room, leah takes me into her room. she sits me inside her bed and tells me to wait. she comes back with a tub of ice cream and 2 spoons. she gives me a smile and then slides in bed with me. she pulls me close to her and kisses the top of my head. she puts on a random movie but i don't pay much attention. my mind keeps wandering back to that redhead. leah notices this and pauses the movie.

"you sure you don't want to talk" she asks. i can tell she's concerned. she worries about me.

"i just have so many feelings inside me right now. but i just don't know what i should feel." i say looking at the roof.

"what do you feel" she asks, looking at me.

"i feel like i really like her. but it feels wrong. i feel scared. but happy. and anxious. i don't know if she feels the same way about me. i feel like she will think i'm weird for liking her if she doesn't like me. i've never liked someone like this before. i just don't know what to do." tears threaten to spill from my eyes again.
"just overall feel like shit" i say. the tears fall. i quickly wipe them away.

"oh lil everything will work itself out. i promise you everything will be okay" she says kissing my head.
"you want me to ask keira to try find out from maya"
"no no. she'll probably know somethings up" i shake my head.
"okay that's fine." she nods.
"how about tomorrow we go out shopping. just me and you. no one else. no thoughts of anyone else. we can just forget about everything" she suggests.
"i actually like that idea." i nod. leah puts the movie back on and holds me tight. i feel leah messaging someone but i ignore it. i just try and focus on the movie.

a while later jordan walks through the door with a tesco bag in her hand. she comes over and slides into the bed hugging me tightly.
"it's gonna be okay lily" she said kissing the side of my head.

"i've got some stuff" she says while grabbing the bag. me and leah sit up a bit in the bed. jordan starts pulling out different sweets, chocolates, drinks and some ham sandwiches. mine and leah's favourite. we ate the sandwiches and some of the snacks while watching lots of different movies.

it's quite late and i fell asleep on leah's bed. jordan stayed over and fell asleep not long after me.
leah took a picture of me and jordan sleeping and posted it on her instagram story, captioning it 'my girls❤️' then she turned her phone off and fell asleep too, cuddling into me.

A/N: this chapter is 1423 words.
i hope you guys like this so far :)