20

the season went by very quickly. i did manage to get some game time. at the start of the season, i only played for a few minutes at the end of games. but towards the end i got subbed on during the 60th minute. i even started the last game of the season. i got 9 goals and 7 assists, which is good considering that i haven't had much playing time.

the twins turned 1 on the 17th and we threw a party in milton keynes to celebrate. it was very nice. we had lots of family round and the girls came from manchester.

i sat in my room and then got a call from an unknown caller. i answered it and put the phone to my ear.

"hello is this lily williamson?" a voice spoke.
"yes it is. who is this?" i asked.
"hi lily it's sarina. i've watched you play and can say that you are extraordinary. i wanted to ask if you would like to represent the lionesses during the world cup campaign in australia."

"wow really? i would be honoured. it's a dream come true. honestly, thank you sarina"  i said, shock on my face.
"then i look forward to seeing you in july" she said. after the call ended, i ran downstairs.

"fucking sarina wiegman asked me to play in the world cup" i screamed.
"no way" jacob said, standing up. i jumped onto him and he spun me around.
"i'm so fucking proud of you lil" leah said, pulling me into a hug.

"well done our girl. we always knew you could do it" mum said.
"got get em kid. so proud" dad said.

after a couple hours i took the twins to the park and leah came with me. i took the kids out the pram and gave them a little football. they started running around with leah. kicking the ball as they ran. a while later they got tired so i took them back home.

i put them in bed and they had a nap while i scrolled through netflix trying to find something to watch. i put on the hunger games and jacob sat next to me.

"this is so shit" he said in the middle of the movie, he got up and left the room.
"your a bit rude" i said.

i watched all of the hunger games movies and then went up to wake the kids up.

"matty. lila. it's time for food." i said. once they woke up, i took them downstairs and put them infront of the tv with some random kids show on.

i made them jacket potato with cheese and beans and they ate it happily. after some time i took them away from the tv and let them play with some toys. leah came in the room with some bags. she had been shopping with jordan and she just got back.

"look what i bought" she said while sitting down beside me. she pulled out 2 little arsenal shirts, the pink one and the black one.
"they already have arsenal kits le." i said.
"yeah but not these colours and not with this on the back." she said.
she turned them around and they said 'auntie leah'  on the back with the number 6.
"that's actually pretty cute" i said, while smiling at the name.
"there's more" she said while fishing through the bags. she pulled out 2 grey nike tracksuits and then 2 shoeboxes.
"flipping hell leah. you didn't have to buy all that" i said.
"i wanted to. they are the best niece and nephew i could ever ask for" she said with a huge grin. i opened the boxes and saw 2 pairs of baby panda dunks.
"awh leah. thank you so much" i said, while hugging her.
"you really are the best sister. and auntie" i said.

"lila, matty. look what auntie leah bought for you" i said. they waddled over and looked at the things.
"say thank you to auntie leah"

"thank you auntie le le" they both said.
"anything for you two" she said, squeezing their cheeks gently.

after a while we all ate dinner and then i put the kids to bed. i put their new clothes and shoes away and then got myself ready for bed. i sat up in bed and facetimed maya.

"i have something to tell you" we both said in unison.
"you go first" we both said.
"say it together" i suggested. she nodded and counted down from 3.
"i'm going the world cup" i said.
"i'm playing in the world cup" she said.

we both smiled.
"i'm so proud of you" i said.
"i'm so proud of you. i'm so happy that we will be there together" she said.

we spoke for a while about everything that has been happening. eventually we hung up. i put my phone on charge and turned off my light. then i got into bed and fell asleep.

i dreamt about the world cup. i dreamt that i scored winners and we won the world cup. i lifted the trophy with some of the most important people in my life. my big sister and my amazing girlfriend. the moment was so happy. i made my comeback. i proved to the world that i was capable. nothing could stop me.