21

a few weeks later we packed to go on holiday. the flight is a night one so we should hopefully get some sleep.

we got to the airport and got through security pretty quickly. we sat at our gate and waited to board the plane.
"are you excited matty" i said as he sat on my laps.
"yea mummy. we fly" he giggled.

leah took lila on a walk and when they came back, she had a new pair of sunglasses.
"don't you look super cool" i said as she ran over to me. "did you say thank you to auntie leah?"

"thank you auntie le le" she spoke.
"it's okay lila. show your brother what you got for him" leah said.

lila took her hand from behind her back and showed another pair of sunglasses.
"matty" lila said and passed him the glasses.
"say thank you matty" i said.
"thank you lila and aunt le le" he said. i put them on his face and then we got called to board.

we sat in the middle row. the twins sat between me and leah. i really hope they get some sleep, otherwise they will be too tired when we land.

the plane took off and when we were in the air, i got them to lay down with their heads on mine and leah's laps. they fell asleep quickly and i also slept.

when we landed, we carried them to the taxi and then got to the hotel. surprisingly they didn't wake up. we got to our rooms and put the kids to bed. it's late, around 11 pm. i got ready for bed and slipped under the covers.

the rest of the week went by very fast. we chilled by the pool, went to the beach, went on a boat, and went to a water park. it was a very good holiday.

it's time for us to go to meet at st george's to go to australia. sarina said that i could bring the kids and that there is a room with babysitters with us wherever we go. it put my mind at ease that i will still be with them and they will be properly supervised.

we arrived and the girls were very welcoming. they all loved the twins and played around with them.

"the bus is ready for us" sarina called and we all made our way to the bus. i sat in the back with the twins, leah, maya, keira, g and lucy. we chatted all the way to the airport and had a great time. we spoke about how excited we are to be at the world cut together and hopefully make history.

after the flight everyone was quiet. most people were tired from the journey and couldn't wait for bed. me included. i got to my room and got changed into a tracksuit. maya came in and said that we are rooming. i changed the kids into their pyjamas and sat on the bed and waited for dinner, which is in half an hour.

we went down to dinner and sat at a table. we ate dinner and stayed in the cafeteria for a while.

"i hope everyone is well. get a good sleep. tomorrow is a free day but after that we start our world cup campaign. i want 100% effort from each and every one of you. good night." sarina spoke to all of us.

everyone clapped and cheered after she spoke. we went up to bed and slept almost instantly. maya ended up sleeping in my bed with us cuddled up together.

we trained hard and put in the work. i was benched for the first game. sarina said depending on how the game is going, i'll come on around the 60th minute.

leah patted my back as i came on. i managed to get an assist and we won the game 2-0 against haiti.

i got pulled over for an interview after the match.
"so lily. it must be special to get an assist on your debut. tell us about it"

"yeah it feels amazing. making my debut at the world cup and getting an assist. it's just great. i owe everything to my family. especially leah. they helped me with a step of my career that would have a huge impact on my future and it looks like it was the right one. also maya walsh. couldn't be here without her, she has supported me through thick and thin from when i was with city's academy up to me now making my debut for the lionesses. this group of girls is fantastic and hopefully we can bring it home" i said.

"bloody hell lily. that was amazing" lucy said as i walked over to them.
"your so well spoken. must get it from leah" keira added. i smiled awkwardly while leah chuckled and scratched her forehead.

i searched the crowd for my family until my eyes fell upon my babies, standing and waving from their seats. i ran over to them and climbed over the barrier.
"hi babies" i said and hugged them.

"we're all so proud of you darling" mum said, pulling me into a hug.
"thanks mum. wouldn't even be here without you guys." i said while she kissed my head.

i took the kids over the barrier and let them on the pitch. they both ran over to leah and i jogged after them.

"auntie le le" lila called as they jumped at her legs.
"hi kiddos" she said and picked them both up. they both kisses her cheek and she walked around with them. we did a lap of the pitch to thank the fans before heading back to the bus and going back to our hotels.

"today was very successful and i'm proud of all of you. we need to keep this going and push hard during the next one. denmark will be a tougher opponent but i believe that we can beat them.
have a good night everyone and i'll see you on the training pitch tomorrow at 10" sarina said.

after we finished dinner we went up to our rooms and went to bed.