5

A/N: this chapter takes place in the walsh household the same day as the last chapter.

keiras pov

"right ive got to go. ill speak later." i said. i hung the phone up and looked at lucy.

"y'know i kinda saw that coming. they are really close. they've also been getting kinda touchy. i just thought its cause they are like sisters. but yeah the feeling is definitely mutual. i can just tell" lucy said.

we got up and started getting ready. we arent doing anything today as we have a day off training. i have to think of a way to ask maya, without exposing lily. this is going to be difficult.

the day went by quite slowly. maya didnt want to come out of her room. that was a bit unusual. maya usually comes out and chills with me and lucy when we have days off. something must be going on.

it was about 4 hours that maya had been in her room for. she didnt even come down for lunch. i was getting worried. lucy went out to walk the dogs and i stayed home.

i decided to go to mayas room. i knocked on the door.

"maya can i come in?" i asked gently.

"no. go away" she said.

"please maya. please let me in" i said she didnt answer so i walked in. she was sat on her bed with tears running down her face. i immediately went and sat next to her, pulling her into a hug.

"whats going on maya?" i asked quietly.

"lily hasnt messaged me back. i messaged her like 6 hours ago and she hasnt even opened it. im scared that ive done something wrong but i dont know what." she sniffled.

"lily was feeling a bit down yesterday, leahs taken her out to cheer her up. im sure shes not ignoring you." i say. "maybe you should ask her?" i suggest. she pulls out her phone and starts typing a message.

me: hey you ok? how come you're ignoring me?

me: have i done something wrong

lil<3: no i was just busy.

her response seemed like she was trying not to have a conversation.

me: oh ok. can you call now? x

lil<3: no sorry

me: okay maybe tomorrow? love you x

seen

"see. shes avoiding talking to me" maya said, tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

"may, why are you so upset? she probably just want to be alone for a bit" i said trying to stop her from crying.

"because i- never mind" she said.

"no tell me." i said.

"i like her. but i don't want to screw anything up. it seems like i already have. i probably said something without realising. now she's distancing herself from me. i'm so stupid. i thought she felt the same but obviously not" she cried. i held her head into me and hugged her tightly. i tried to hold in my smile. so lucy was right.

"maybe just give her some time and then try and speak to her. tell her how you feel." i suggested.

we stayed hugging for a while until lucy came home. we all sat in my room watching a movie on my laptop. maya and lucy ended up falling asleep while watching the movie. i slipped out of bed and went downstairs to go call leah and tell her about today.

i rang her but lily picked up

"hi kei, i missed you." she said looking at me.

"i missed you too. is leah there" i replied. she flipped the camera showing leah getting a knife to cut some brownies. as she was trying to cut them she put her hand on the tin.

"fuck ow" she shouted pulling her hand away.

"thats hot" lily said, pointing at the pan.

"no shit" leah said while running her hand under cold water. i was laughing through the phone. lily set the phone up on the counter and cut up the brownie. she ate some and gave some to leah.

"what did you guys do today" i asked.

"we went shopping. leah bought me panda dunks and matching bracelets for us" she said showing her the bracelet on my wrist.

"thats nice" i said smiling. "hey lil, you wanna talk to maya? shes in the other room" i knew she would probably say no and make up an excuse to leave. that's when i could talk to leah about what happened.

"actually i think im gonna head up to bed. its kinda late and im tired" she said, then she walked away.

"leah i've got something to tell you" i said.

"hey kei, is it okay if you tell me tomorrow. i'm literally knackered." she yawned.

"yeah yeah that's fine" i smiled. "speak tomorrow le. love you"
"love you" she replied. then i hung up.

i went back to bed and fell asleep.

the next day i sent lucy and maya out to walk the dogs. it's 9 am so leah should be up now and lily will most likely still be asleep. she normally stays in bed as long as she can. i decided to message leah before calling her in case lily is awake and answers her phone like last night.

me: hey le. you free to talk?
le<3: yeah

i rang her and she picked up. i started to tell leah about yesterday.

"so she wouldn't come out of her room. i found that really odd as she doesn't normally stay in her room. she'd been in there for almost 5 hours leah. i got really worried about her so i went to check on her. when i walked in she was crying. she basically told me that she likes lily and she's scared that she's messed things up between them because of it. she said she thinks she probably said something and that's why lily is distancing herself from maya." i said. leah smiled when i said that maya likes lily back.

"i told her to give lily some time and then tell her how she feels, but i don't know if she will" i finished.

"i'll try get lily to tell maya aswell." leah spoke. i nodded at her and then i heard someone coming downstairs.

"i've got to go le. i'll speak soon yeah? love you"
"love you too. bye" she said before hanging up.

A/N: word count for this chapter is 1070
hope you guys like this.