"왜 나야?"

Title means : 'Why me?'

Doyoung & Junkyu are complete opposites in University. Junkyu is the popular senior, Doyoung is the looked down upon Freshman.

--------------------------------------------------------

December 4th, just another day for most. But for Kim Doyoung, it is his birthday! Despite having classes on his birthday, the smart boy is excited to see his small yet amazing friend group on his special day!

"Doyoung hyung, Happy birthday!" Junghwan shouted from behind which caused some people to look at Doyoung but he didn't mind. Doyoung turned around to see one of his best friends, Junghwan and smiled. "Thank you Hwan!" Doyoung said sweetly while doing their handshake. "Hyung, what are you gonna do today? Its your day!!"

"Ah.. Well classes of course and hang out with you and Jeongwoo!" Coincidentally enough, Jeongwoo had just shown up.. out of breath that is. "Doyoungie.... Hyung.. ak- happy.. birthday..!" He put his hands on his knees and caught his breath. Doyoung and Junghwan looked at eachother and laughed a little. "Thank you JjeongJjeong!" Doyoung said while patting Jeongwoos back.

From afar, a certain popular boy was watching Doyoung and his friends Junghwan and Jeongwoo, mostly Doyoung. Not in a creepy way, it was more of a admirable way. Kim Junkyu was his name.

'So its his birthday.. why did my friends not tell me? I thought they found that out for me..'

Junkyu was a admirer of Doyoung, despite being the popular boy, he had a fondness for the younger, looked down upon boy. Theyve never really talked except one time for a class project, but Junkyu made it his mission to win over Doyoungs heart from afar, and its been working. Doyoung would receive these notes from Junkyu every other day that would say sweet words or be a short poem.

The only thing is, Doyoung didnt know who they were from. The notes would be signed 'Love your secret admirer, J.'  The only hint he ever got was the 'J' and nothing else. He asked his friends if they knew who it was but neither Junghwan or Jeongwoo knew. Though, Doyoung also happened to take a liking to Junkyu, even though they dont talk, exchanging glances here and there gave Doyoung butterflies in his stomach. His friends knew it too, but never teased him for it, they just let him have his crush.

"Hamada Asahi!!" Junkyu shouted. "Why didnt you tell me it was Doyoungs birthday? You were supposed to find that out for me!"
Asahi wasnt phased by the outburst.
"Junkyu, calm down. I didnt know."
"Ah..." Junkyu exclaimed. "I have to rush a letter now. I was gonna write him a long letter for his birthday now I cant.." He sighed and put his head in his hands.

Junkyus friend group was used to seeing Junkyu this way when it came to Doyoung. He would often act different when it came to him. Junkyu was normally a calm, emotionless guy but once his friends noticed his fondness for Doyoung he became softer, more witty and would always be thinking of this Doyoung boy.

"Junkyu hyung, you know you can always tell him the birthday wishes in person.." Haruto suggested.

"I agree, you havent talked to him face to face since that project 5 months ago! Plus, Doyoung seems to be fond of you too. We always catch him staring at you during lunch." Yoshi continued.

"Youre 22 and you can't even talk to someone you like, come on Junkyu." Jihoon added. Hyunsuk tried gesturing Jihoon to stop but he didnt listen and kept going, "We cant be your messengers forever, Junkyu. Just go find him at lunch and tell him youre in love with him, thatll be enough of a gift for his birthday, dont you think?"

In a way, Jihoon was right. Junkyus been hiding behind those letters for 5 months now, just being an unknown 'J'.
"Youre right, im gonna confess to him in front of the whole school"