Promise

A bully to lovers(?) story where Junkyu is the bully and Doyoung is dealing with it, until..

-------------------------------------------------------

Thumpthumpthump was the sound Doyoungs heart was making as he saw Junkyu walking past him, who happens to be the guy who hurts him in so many ways.

Kim Doyoung isnt the most popular student at YG Uni, but he is well known and not for good reasons. He is known mostly for being the Universities 'Bad Boy', Kim Junkyus punching bag.

Junkyu hasnt always had the status 'Bad Boy', it was actually when Doyoung arrived freshman year that he developed a habit of teasing and 'bullying' the younger.

To Doyoung, seeing Junkyu was a blessing and a curse. Despite the constant struggles made by the elder and the hurtful things he would say to him.. he was very fond of Junkyu. His mission has been to change the elder and try to get to know him so he would stop such actions. Yet, nothing has worked as of yet.

Doyoungs tried almost everything, being paired with him for projects, going up to him at lunch and even visiting his dorm. But there is one thing he has yet to try, his flirting.

Doyoung was known for being good at flirting, whether he liked the person or not he always found a way to get to peoples core with his actions. In this case, the younger is indeed very fond of the elder. Which according to Doyoungs bestfriend, Jaehyuk, would be 'too easy to get to him'. But Jaehyuk has never once seen Junkyu say anything to Doyoung, and Doyoung has never once shared anything thats been said to him.

Junkyu on the other hand, he didn't enjoy this kind of activity until Doyoung came along. You may be wondering, 'Thats weird.' Right?

Not to Junkyus group of friends, Hyunsuk, Jihoon, Haruto and Yoshi though. They knew Junkyu all too well, he didn't do this stuff to hurt Doyoung, he did it to show his interest in him. When Junkyu fell for Asahi years ago, he got pushed away because he did the same thing.

There have been too many times were Junkyus friends have told him, 'He probably thinks youre an asshole, dumbass.' and 'You have no chance.' Yet he would never listen and keep doing what he always did.

In all honesty, Junkyu didnt know he was hurting Doyoung, the younger would never show signs of feeling hurt or being upset so to him it was a sign that he was doing well. He would even tell his friends that, too.

The thing that Junkyus friends hated about this habit the most was that Junkyu really does want to be Doyoungs boyfriend. The elder doesnt even know that hes painting Doyoung as a punching bag for other students too. He was clueless. Junkyu thought that putting on this 'Bad Boy' persona just for the people he likes would make them like him too. Though in this case, Doyoung really liked him but not for that persona, but rather for what he knows Junkyu is truly like. And that is what he is trying to uncover.

But today, it was Doyoungs time to shine. At the end of the day, Doyoung always saw Junkyu in the halls, which is why his heart was really about to thump through his chest.

"Junkyu-yah!" Doyoung called over, his heartbeat still increasing.

The elder looked over, a smirk on his face developed. "Hm." he walked over to the younger and stopped in front of him. "What do you want?" he asked while crossing his arms.

Doyoung sighed, "You know, I think we make a good pair.. I know you hate me and all, but I really think we could make things work," the younger started,

"Just you and me, Junkyu. We could really be great together. Dont you think?"

The elders smirk turned into a smile, Junkyu was too captivated by the youngers visual to even listen to what he was saying. "Junkyu? Are you alright?" asked Doyoung.

The elder snapped out of it and nodded. "Yeah whatever, thats cool we can work on it." he said coldly. As he was about to walk away, he felt a tight grip on his wrist.

"Junkyu, I really mean it! Are you that clueless?" Doyoungs grip only got tighter.

Junkyu looked back at him, kinda loving how the younger grabbed him.

"Cant you see, youve hurt me all this time! I want to see who you really are. I know you arent like this with anyone else, so why do you do this to only me?" at this point, there were students watching the scene,

"I've been your punching bag for months, and its only lead other people to join in. Why am I your target? With all the hurtful things youve said about me, I feel like I deserve an explanation." he stopped, let go of Junkyus wrist and was anticipating an answer.

Junkyu stood there in disbelief, he looked at the ground with wide eyes, letting the realization sync in. "Doyoung, i'm so sorr-"

"Yeah, whatever sorry my ass." he cut off the elder and started running away to the bathroom. His heart was thumping even more than it was initially. That wasn't how Doyoungs plan was supposed to go at all, and knowing that it hurt the younger even more.

"Wait, I can explain myself Doyoung!" the elder ran behind Doyoung and tried to catch up with him. Thankfully he did and ended up going into the bathroom too. Doyoung however, locked himself in a stall.

"What the hell do you want from me now, Junkyu?" his voice was cracking, as if he was about to cry as he continued,

"I really wanted us to work out, I wanted to be close with you but you wouldn't stop saying horrible things about me. Why do you do this to me?!"

Hearing the fragile voice that is Doyoungs, Junkyu felt immense guilt, like his stomach was going to tank to the ground.

"Come out of the stall, and let me explain. Please." the elder pleaded.

He heard a lock unlock, Doyoung opened to door slowly and peaked out the crack of the stall door. As much as he didnt want to trust the elder, he still had a small bit of hope. His eyes were red, swollen and filled with tears. The sight ruined the elder.

Though Junkyu doesnt cry often, he felt like he would start tearing up after seeing Doyoung so hurt.

The younger fully stepped out the stall and stood infront of Junkyu, wiping his eyes with his hoodie sleeves. "Go ahead." he said softly.

Junkyu took in a deep breath, "The things I said, werent meant to hurt you. It sounds like a pity, I know. But I dont know how to get close to people I like. I havent had such strong feelings for someone, ever, like I have for you. My way of showing these strong feelings was by being an asshole like my friends said I was. To say this simply, I really just wanted to know you well too, and seeing how it hurt you. I understand wholeheartedly if you would never want to see or talk to me ever again. Doyoung, im really so sorry. If you do give me a second chance, ill make it up to you completely and we can start fresh, get to know eachother well and what not. I want us to work out too, because I really like you."

Doyoung was hesitant, but at the same time Junkyu sounded sincere. "Promise me one thing then," the younger started, Junkyu nodded,

"Dont hurt me again."

Junkyu nodded, Doyoung put out his pinky finger, "Promise me, okay?"

Junkyu locked his pinky finger with Doyoungs.

"Promise."

-------------------------------------------------------