Chapter 7

And here comes the day of our first match in here. No matter that it’s only after six hours, but I still can’t sleep nor so something without stress. Today my destiny is going to be decided: I will rise up in people eyes or fall down even lower if it’s possible. I’m so nervous that I don’t even want to go and have breakfast.

>>>>Louis< <<<

Xavier comes and joins us at the table. Strange this time he’s without her. They always are coming at the restaurant together.
Xavier sits and greets us all.
“Hello.” He says with smile. I sometimes don’t understand why he’s always smiling but it should not to be a problem that the man is happy.

“Where’s Navishaa?” asks Zayn and I looked at him curiously. Oh, right… he’s talking about Her. I didn’t even know her name till now. Well, I wasn’t interested in it at all.
“She said that she’s too nervous because of today’s match.” He says and I frown. Sorry, but she’s stupid. Everybody knows that we will win “I think that this time you should really try harder than… you did in the trainings all the time. She really tried to do the best she could but you were just ignoring her. Well, at least try to win today.” He says and everybody looks at him.
“Of course we will try but not because of her but because of ourselves.” Says Charles angrily and Xavier just nods and starts eating. He is right. We will fight for our pride, not for her.

-------------------------------------------------------

I nervously rub my hands while the teams are shaking hands. Today we are playing against Switzerland. In a minute referee from England, Howard Webb whistles the match start and I take a deep breath.
A very nice attacking move from our team. Gerard runs from the defense zone forward and gets the ball. He tricks one opponent, then other and shots. I jump from my place and want to shout ‘YES’ but the ball just hits into the goalkeeper and I sigh and take a deep breathe. I clap with my hands.
“Good move!” I shout although probably nobody listened to me.

>>>>Louis< <<<

I looked how she sat back into her seat and frown a bit. I feel strange because I start doubting a bit… but then I shake my head and keep looking at the game.
“She really supports us.” Says Charles considering his idea and I just laugh nervously “She’s only worried about herself. If we loose everybody will think that it’s her fault.” I say and shrug my shoulders. Of course it’s like that, it can’t be otherwise.

Here comes the referee with a yellow card in front Gricthing, a player from Swiss. And now the game is going further. Our players are again at the opponents’ penalty box.
The first half is over and those who were playing are coming with me to the changing room. While everybody sits I find a place where to stand. I still am nervously rubbing my arms.

“I know that probably you won’t listen to me at all, but I will say something because it’s my job. And of course because I don’t want you to loose. To say the truth, the first half was not bad at all. The only problem is you don’t realize your chances. You had the opportunity to score not once or twice… you just need to do that.” I say with a bit shivering voice “And you need to take high balls into the opponents’ penalty box. It’s just necessary for every high level player. Know that.” I say, looked down and went out of the changing room... I wonder if they even were listening to me. I hope that they were and they will score in the second half.
7 minutes of the second half has passed and I still am nervously rubbing my hands. The have had chances but they need to score.

>>>>Louis< <<<

I kept looking at the game and one of the Switzerland runs with the ball to our side. With my eyes corners I peek on Her and see that she’s really scared and is looking with exploded eyes at them. I just laughed in my head… There is nothing to be scared about. Our goalkeeper will save it of course. Those women don’t know anything.
I look at the game again and see the same guy running to the goalkeeper and he falls on the ground that he could take the ball…but he fails?

“What?!” I hear Her loudly saying.
Gerard runs to the ball but falls on the ground too and one from the Switzerland runs to it and sends the ball to the goal… 0-1 we are loosing… How.Is.That.Possible?

>>>>Navisha<<<<
I laughed nervously. I had to see that coming… It seems that they did that on purpose. Probably it’s true… They want to do anything that I could go home… And I think they are succeeding in this.
I’m sitting in my chair and with every minute getting more and more nervous. It’s time to do some changes. I looked at the bench and try to find the best option.
Now Zayn is with the ball and he tricks one opponent and then another and…
“Make a pass. Make a pass.” I keep whispering and looking what he will do and… he just shots to the goal and makes a corner… I just nervously sit back into my places and rub my forehead.

>>>>Louis< <<<
She stands up from her seat and runs to the coach space in the field and wants already to jump from joy… but the ball just hits the bar and she throws hands in the air in disappointment.
Another player from the Swiss runs with the ball to our penalty box and he’s quicker than Carles and Gerard. He kicks the ball and the ball hits the post…
I looked at Her again and see her only sitting and nervously rubbing Her neck.
Well… it’s only her fault. I told that no woman can win the league with a men team…

--------------------------------------

The game with every minute is coming to an end and England still is loosing 0-1.
And here comes the referee whistle which tells that the match is over. I hear loud shouts from happiness in Swiss’s stands  and I just stand up from my seat and go to shake hands with the coach of today’s opponents. He comes to me with proud and victorious smirk and takes my hand.
“Even England can’t win with a woman as their coach.” He says to my proudly and I just purse my lips that I won’t say anything rude and squeeze a fake smile on my lips. I released his hand and walked into the stadium.
“Miss Brighton.” Shouts my assistant and I just nervously turn to him “Will you talk with the team in changing room or in the hotel?” I just sighed and said “In the hotel.”

-------------------------------------
I walked into the hall and find there all team sitting. Now like we arranged we should discuss about today’s match. Nice…

Some of them are looking down, some of them are looking trough the window and some of them are looking right to my eyes.
“24 shots.” I say out loud “
 This is probably the best proof that it’s not enough to shoot at the goal… you need to play. This is probably the best proof that without trainings even champions of the Europe can’t win. Where was your save with a head? In the training you were so confident that you don’t need hands so why you couldn’t show that to the whole world? Huh?” I say and glared at him but he just turns his look to the ground. Oh, so now you understand that I’m right? Wow… “So just look what a small but important part you take in the winning. Remember that you’re a team…” I shut up for a minute and looked through the window again. Then I took a deep breath and open my mouth again “But probably now you’re happy because all the mud will be thrown on my shoulders. And I thought that everything will be easier… But I was wrong. No matter if I am a good or a bad coach, no matter if I know a lot of good exercises which could lead us to the victory… All that matters is that I don’t have a weenie between my legs…” I shut up and sighed again “Almost all my friends are huge fans of this team. I was like that too… now I started wondering why? You’re nothing more than jerks who think that their egos can control the world.” I stand up and before leaving them alone I say the last sentence “Tomorrow you have a free day and then the day after it if I still be your coach the training will be at the same time like always.” I say silently and went off to my room.

>>>>Louis< <<<

She goes out of the hall leaving us sitting. Quiet. Unpleasant quiet is only what she left.
“She’s right.” Says Zayn “She’s totally right. It’s not her fault that we didn’t listen to her during the trainings. It’s not her fault that we didn’t use our created chances. She tried to do what she thought is right but we just ignored her.” He finishes and everybody turns to him.
“And now…” says Carles “…now everyone will blame her because…like she said…she’s a woman.”
“We need to gear up for the next match and start to listen to her because she’s our coach after all.” said Zayn and almost everybody agree with him…
I know they’re right… but I don’t know if I’m ready for that.