Chapter 6: The Visitor

Hunter's POV:

"Wait, you hadn't slept yet?? You need to sleep Hunter! That's way bad for your mental and physical health!" Luz screamed, most likely echoing throughout the castle. I slapped my hand over her mouth, putting a finger over my lips as I quietly made the "Shhhh!" sound.

Uncovering her mouth, I spoke. "The emperor doesn't believe in mental health. He said it's just something you snowflakes made up so people feel bad for you." I glared at the brunette girl as she made a face of 'what the fuck are you talking about?'.

"Dude, the emperor has problems. What, was he born in the 1600's??" Luz laughed as I furrowed my eyebrows at her, squinting.

"No, obviously not." I said in an annoyed tone, looking over to Flapjack, who for some reason laughed. Then he said something I prayed to the Titan Luz couldn't understand. "Chirp chirp tweet chip chip cheep~" [I bet you wished that was Willow~] He then laughed again, which was technically chirping (not laughing).

I let out a gasp as I quickly turned to Flapjack, his tweets of laughter stopping almost immediately. My face was burning with rage, and blush. "FLAPJACK!!"

"Wait what? What'd he say?" Luz cocked her head in confusion, and I let out a sigh of relief realizing she didn't understand what he had said.

"What? Was is something bad, 'cause you usually get all red in the face like that when you're mad." This asshole is always getting into my business.

"Wait- I do?" I felt my face grow hot again out of embarrassment. "And uhh, he was just being annoying. He's really intrusive on my personal life." I scoffed as I began tidying up my room, since I'm apparently not going to sleep any time soon.

"Hey does he like live with you now? 'Cause Amity told me he was with you during the whole Eclipse Lake thing, and that you fought using his magic." Luz looked around my room, going through most of my stuff.

Realizing she was talking about Flapjack, I responded as I tried to clean up the mess she was making. "Human that's none of your business, but yes, he is."

Luz raised an eyebrow at me, finally stopping going through all my stuff. "You know you can call me Luz, right? You befriended my friends, and you have a palisman. You're totally like a rebel now."

"I am not a rebel! I wouldn't disobey Belos and go against him like that! Would I..?"

The human girl spoke up again, snapping me out of my train of thought. "Hunter, we both know what The Emperor does with palismen. He obviously wouldn't let you have one. So by having Flapjack, you are going against his word." She smirked at me as she finished her sentence, plopping down on my bed before quickly getting back up again.

"Ow! Dude how do you sleep on that bed? It feels like a slab of concrete!" I felt an embarrassed blush grow across my cheeks as she insulted the place I (sometimes) sleep.

"Well you shouldn't be on my bed, Human! You shouldn't even be here in the first place! Do you know what Emperor Belos would do to me if he found out you were hiding away in my room?!" I grabbed her by the back of her shirt and dragged the human back to the window in which she came into my room. "Leave. Now." I barked an order at her, but of course she acted like I wasn't the Emperor's nephew.

"No thanks. I'm gonna go get a snack, where's the kitchen in this place?" Luz then unhooked my hand from her stupid purple shirt and walked right past me, walking out into the hall and surprisingly in the direction of the kitchen.

"You're going the wrong way!" I shouted in her direction, hoping to get her lost.

"You're lying!" She shouted back at me, catching me off guard that she caught my lie.

I followed her to the kitchen, watching her dig through the white box full of cold items and grab a pack of demon's thigh meat slices. "Ew. Those have a gross texture." I said to her as we walked back to my room.

"You sound autistic." Luz replied with a snicker. "Huh? What gross human disease is that?" I spat at the short haired human, as she practically shut the door in my face.

With a mouthful of demon meat, she let out a snort of laughter. "It's not a disease, you idiot! And witches can have autism too, but I guess your simple minded Emperor never told you that."

"Emperor Belos is not simple minded!" I shouted at the girl, trying to be as quiet as possible while still making my point. She snickered and sat back down on my bed, letting out a muffled groan of discomfort.

"Get off my bed human."

"No. And didn't I literally just tell you you can call me by name? You know my name, don't you?" the human propped one leg up on the other, leaning back and putting her hands behind her head.

"Uhg you're so annoying." Despite my complaint though, she still kept talking.

"Even The Emperor calls me by name. He puts "The Human" after it, but still. He at least says "Luz The Human". Like dude, I'm still a person who understands what you're saying, and ya know- HAS FEELINGS. Jesus. I should start calling you "The Golden Guard"." She rambled on for what felt like forever, before I think finally finishing her sentence.

"I would actually rather be called The Golden Guard. It's much more formal than Hunter." I gave a half-assed sarcastic smile, and continued tidying my room. I picked up a few clothes from off the floor, noticing that for some reason my back was hurting.

Standing up, I groaned and sat down on the bed next to Luz. "Hey, you okay?" Luz sat up and turned to me, an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, I'm fine. My back just hurts a bit." I then realized as I was talking that it was getting a bit more difficult to breath.

"I'm going to the bathroom. Stay here h-... Luz. I'll be right back." I got up and headed over to the bathroom, making sure not to make to much noise as I walked, as to not disturb The Emperor or any of his guards.

I went to the bathroom and washed my hands, looking in the mirror after drying them. But that was when I noticed the black piece of clothing poking slightly out of the top of my shirt, the cause of my backache and heavy breathing.

Oh shit, I'm still wearing my binder.

Marching back to my room, I closed the door behind me as I looked over to the human. "Luz you have to leave."

1150 Words

Woah this is defo a longer chapter. Sorry for any spelling mistakes I've been typing really fast lol

Anywayy have a good day/night/whatever idk 😍

~Void