Chapter 32: Warning Signs

heyo :D

———————————————————————
Hunter's POV:

I blinked awake and found myself alone in complete darkness. With a yawn and a long stretch, I finally got up, threw on a baggy hoodie, and walked upstairs. Everyone was at the dinner table eating pizza I assume Camila had ordered, and Gus waved me over once he saw me. "You want some?"

I shook my head politely, Gus shrugged and turned back to his plate. I rubbed my eyes as I looked around, my pupils taking a while to adjust to the bright lights. I sat down next to Amity at the table, which was across from Vee, and Camila sat to the left of her. "Did you sleep okay, Hunter?" Camila asked, scrunching her eyebrows together. I nodded, yawning and looking around, only to find that Luz wasn't there. "Where's Luz?" I asked, voice deeper than I had expected it to be, which of course I was pretty happy about. "She's in her room," Responded Amity with a mouth full of food, which she the. swallowed. "she's already finished eating." With an acknowledging nod, I got up and headed down the hall towards her room. I knocked gently, and received a quiet "Come in." in response.

Opening the door, I found luz sitting on her bed rereading the third Good Witch Azura book. "Whatcha' doin'?" I questioned, only for her to respond "Reading."

"No shit, Sherlock." I retorted.

She looked up at me from her book, an eyebrow raised and an unamused look on her face. "Do you even no who Sherlock is?"

"...No."

"Exactly." Luz rolled her eyes, and went back to reading. With a returning eye roll, I then returned to the living room and sat down on the couch next to Willow, who I assume had finished her food. A quick glance at the scroll she held told me she was once again scrolling through penstagram. I leaned back, tapping one foot softly against the floor, and sighed as I realized we were the only ones in the room. We were alone. "Luz told me you had a nightmare." She turned to face me, closing her scroll. "Good to know she's telling everyone everything I say to her." I laughed, attempting to avoid the subject, even though I knew it was no use. That's kind of what I liked about Willow, even though it's frustrating, or annoying at times, she wants everyone to know we can talk to her about anything. She somehow always knows what to say, and how to go about it. "Do you want to talk about it, orr..?" Willow tested, her voice soft, slightly hinting at the worry hidden behind her words. I only shook my head slowly, giving a soft smile when she hummed in understanding. "You okay?" She ensured, and I nodded with a sincere smile spread across my face. With a returning smile, Willow wrapped an arm around me which then rested on the back of the couch. I leaned my head back, using Willow's arm as a headrest.

a few hours earlier
———————————————————————
Willow's POV:

I hopped out of the car, grabbing a few groceries from the already open trunk of the car, and helped Camila carry them inside. "Thank you for your help, dear." She beamed, just as Gus walked into the kitchen with about four or five bags of groceries on each arm. "This is the last of it!" Camila grabbed a few bags and smiled warmly in response, while I went into Luz's room to find her sitting on her bed playing on her phone. "Hey, Willow." She smiled, "Have fun?" Luz joked. I snorted a laugh, then shrugged. "Gus had Call Me Maybe stuck in his head the entire time, and wouldn't stop singing." Luz laughed aloud, accidentally hitting her head on the wall. "Ow- That sounds like a whole load of fun." She said sarcastically, and crossed her arms. I rolled my eyes. "So much fun." I replied with an equally sarcastic tone of voice.

After a short moment of silence, I realized we were missing someone. "Where's Hunter?" The human only smirked at me in response, obviously hinting at something I didn't want to acknowledge. My cheeks grew pink, ears poking downward in annoyance. I groaned, turning to face towards the bedroom doorway again. "I'll go find him myself." I said, walking down the hallway. Luz laughed, then called out to me, "He's sleeping in the basement!" Trotting quickly down the stairs, I found Hunter in his sleeping bag, head just barely on the edge of the pillow, and drool dripping onto the concrete floor. I held back a laugh and went to go fix his pillow so he doesn't wake up on the ground, pulling it forward so his head was in the center. I decided to sit down on the couch in case he woke up soon, and grabbed his human phone so I could mess around on it. He didn't have any games installed, but I quickly changed that. What was probably about an hour later, Luz came down to join me, and sat on the opposite side of the couch. "Why are you watching him sleep?" She asked, clearly joking. I shot her a look. "First of all, not watching him sleep, that's weird. And I'm just waiting to see when he'll wake up. Also I'm playing games on his phone." I turned off the phone, and plugged it in to charge on the little end table beside the couch.

"He might not wake up for a while, didn't sleep well." Luz informed me, pulling up her legs to sit crisscrossed on the couch. I uttered an "Oh." and sighed. "Do you know why?"

"He said he had a nightmare. Described it in pretty good detail, actually. I guess he just needed to talk to someone to, and I was the only one home." Luz played with the curled ends of her hair, wrapping it around her finger. "He came out to me, too." A shocked expression made it's way onto my face when I heard that, but I just laughed afterwards. "What?" Luz looked over to me, an eyebrow raised. "Sorry, sorry." Composing myself, I finally spoke without a laugh. "Hunter said he thought you would've been the first person he told, but I just happened to be at the right place and time I guess." Me and Luz sat in silence for a bit with the sleeping Hunter, before Luz spoke again. "It was about Belos.. His nightmare, I mean. Hunter described it as feeling so real, and I think he and I are thinking the same thing; that that nightmare was a sign, a warning. Belos is alive."

1116 words

you shouldn't be surprised about the cliffhanger, you guys know me by now

cya same time next week :3