Chapter 19: Flustered

IM WRITING CHAPS SO FAST RN 💨

——————————————————————-
Willow's POV:

When we got back home, I noticed Hunter had fallen asleep on my shoulder. I picked him up bridal style, carried him into the basement, and lied him down on his messy makeshift bed. I went back upstairs and into mine, Luz, Vee, and Amity's room, to find not a single soul asleep (of course).

I sat down on my sleeping bag, and stretched. Luz made a mischievous face at me. I paused. "What. Luz, what?.. LUZ!" I was going to leave so she'd stop, but as I got up she finally said something. "I saw that Hunter fell asleep on your shoulder in the carr~" I stared blankly at her. "So? We did a lot today. He almost puked like three times, we tried to climb one of the trees in the park, only to get yelled at by security. Then we ran from security, which only led to Hunter getting sick again. Then we decided it would be a great idea to-" Luz interrupted me. "Okay, okay. Got it. But he could have leaned against the car door, so why did he fall asleep on you?"

I glared at the brunette, only getting a smirk in response. "Uhgg fine, I'll tell you." I felt my face and ears heat up slightly, but paid no attention to it. "The week before the Day of Unity, he stayed at Darius' house. During that week, I may have visited him and brought him chocolates and let him fall asleep on top of me.. But it's not like-" I began to see Hunter's frustration with being interrupted.

"EEEEEE OH MY TITAN THAT'S ADORABLE!!" Luz squealed, almost bursting my eardrums. I furrowed my eyebrows, scrunching my nose at Luz. "Luz, no. He's literally my best friend. It's not like that."

"I'M NOT YOUR BESTIE ANYMORE?!" oops. Luz dramatically flopped off of her bed, and onto the ground. I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose and stifling a laugh as she rolled on the ground, wailing. "Luz. Luz. Luz.. LUZ!" She sat up, smiling to herself. "Me and Hunter aren't dating or anything. We are just friends."

Luz sat back down on her bed, pouting. But pretty soon that pout turned into a smirk when she turned to Amity. "I bet fifty bucks they're gonna get together." Amity side-eyed her in return. "Deal." Luz and Amity shook hands, and I have to admit they looked like they were in a gang.

After that whole situation, we talked like normal people for a while, then went to bed. Later that night, I woke to a clatter in the kitchen. Which was followed by "Shit!" and "Shut up Hunter!" which Luz screamed down from our room. I covered my ears with my pillow, but to no avail, because I still heard the "Kill yourself!" Hunter screamed back. "You two fight like siblings." I groaned, sitting up to look at Luz, who's hair looked like a bird had just nested in it.

Luz laughed, fixing her hair. "Yeah, I know. Probably because I snuck out so many times just to sneak into the Emperor's castle and annoy the shit out of him." She then stood up and stretched. "YOU WANT ME TO COME DOWN THERE AND BEAT YOUR ASS RIGHT NOW, BLONDIE?" She flung the door open, just to be met with her mom, and fell backwards with a yelp.

"¡Luz Noceda! No utilizamos ese tipo de lenguaje en esta casa, ¿me oyes?" [Luz Noceda! We do not use that kind of language in this house, do you hear me?] Camila grabbed Luz by the ear, then stormed downstairs to get Hunter in trouble as well. She didn't get hunter in nearly as much trouble though, as this had already happened before, and he had a panic attack.

I went back to sleep, waking up again in the morning. I walked into the living room to see Hunter sitting on the couch trying to figure out how his human device works, and Luz sitting next to him, helping.

I saw Camila in the kitchen, making breakfast, and Gus standing next to her, writing everything down in a notepad. I sat down on the couch next to Luz and Hunter, peering over at them. "How's it goin'?" I questioned, finding it amusing that he still can't type, even on a device from a different dimension.

"Bad." Hunter scrunched his face, aggressively tapping the screen. Luz sighed, tapping a different spot on the screen instead. I shook my head as Hunter made an "Oh." face. I yawned, pulling out my scroll and going to penstagram. There were only old posts, nothing new, as usual. I didn't know if it was because we were in an entirely different dimension, so it wouldn't load new posts, or if no one had posted. I feared for the worst, so I just put my scroll away so I wouldn't think about it.

"You good Willow?" Luz startled me out of a thought, and it took a second to comprehend what she had said. "Oh- Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about my dads." I smiled, though she pulled me into a comforting hug. I hugged back, catching Hunter smiling as he looked at us. He snapped his head in the other direction, ears red, once he noticed me looking at him. I flashed him a toothy grin, which he noticed, and smiled back at me.

————————————————————————
Hunter's POV:

Willow smiled at me, which was the sign that she caught me staring at them, so I smiled back with a nervous look on my face. She noticed this, and let go of Luz. "You want a hug?" I shook my head, shriveling back into my seat. She smiled as if she knew why, and nodded silently. I felt my face heat up slightly, because of Willow's kind actions and understanding. I've finally found someone who understands how I feel. And with that thought, my face and ears heated up even more. I knew Willow could tell I was flustered, it was quite obvious.

Willow didn't say anything though, only smiled at me and ruffled my hair as she walked back down the hallway.

1039 words

AWWW THE END OF THIS CHAPTER IS SO CUTE 😭😭

anywayy have a good day/night or whatevs <33