Chapter 7: Insane

THIS CHAPTER AND THE LAST ONE WERE PREWRITTEN SO I COULD POST THEM ON TIME BUT YALL ARE IMPATIENT TO IM POSTING THIS EARLY
——————————————————————

Hunter's POV:

"Luz you have to leave."

The human shot up from my bed, now standing just a few inches shorter than me. "What, why?! I just got you to start calling me by my name! Is something wrong? Is The Emperor awake?"

"No, no. Sorry Luz but you actually have to leave right now." I actually felt sort of bad for kicking her out so abruptly.

What? No. Hunter get a grip, this is a criminal in which your uncle is trying to catch. Don't feel bad for kicking her out, you should've captured her a long time ago!

"I'm sorry, but I can't tell you why I have to kick you out like this." I looked off to the side, avoiding eye contact with the sweet brunette girl.

SWEET?! SHE'S NOT SWEET SHE'S A CRIMINAL! Hunter. Get your shit together.

"LEAVE!" My eyes widened in the realization that I yelled. "Luz-" But before I could explain myself, the human left out through the window where she came.

I sighed and looked back out the window, the rains had calmed to a sprinkle, but Luz had already disappeared into the distance.

————————————————————————

2 weeks later...

It was midnight, and I was sat in my room reading a book about wild magic, while Flapjack slept on my nightstand. I whipped my head around when I heard a "Tap tap tap." at my window. I got up and went to the window, but to my surprise, no one was there.

Strange.

I sat back down on my bed and continued reading from the spot I was at. Just then, I heard another "Tap tap tap." at my window. I got up again and checked it, and this time Luz was sitting in the windowsill. "Oh, hey. I didn't see you the first time you tapped."

She hopped down from the window and allowed the owl palisman with her to rest on her shoulder. "Uhh, that was the first time I tapped Hunter."

What?

"No, I swear I heard you tap on my window before that! But when I got up to check, you weren't there!" I raised my hands in defense, then sat my book back down on the shelf, using a leaf as a bookmark.

"I think being the Golden Guard is making you go insane." The human laughed, flicking my forehead as she (once again) went through everything in my room. I rubbed my head where she flicked me and stuck my tongue out at her, her returning the annoying gesture.

"I heard it last week too.." I said as I thought back to since I last saw Luz.

"Dude the only time I even left the owl house last week was for school, and going to the Bonesborough Brawl with my girlfriend." Luz laughed, sitting down on my bed.

"Oh, the Bonesborough Brawl? How was it? I've heard it's kinda fun." I sat down next to her, crossing my legs.

"Yeah it was really fun. We almost won actually, but Amity's dad was being a bitch and interrupted her fight." She rolled her eyes as she mentioned Alador.

"Damnn. That sucks."

"Heheh yeah." Luz sipped on her coffee.

Where the fuck did that come from??

I yawned, tears pricking my eyes as I did so. Somehow accidentally biting my lip with my fang as I closed my mouth. "Ow- shit." I wiped away the droplets of blood that collected on my lip.

Luz looked over to me, making a face as the blood continued to pool on my lip. "You good? I keep forgetting witches have fangs." The brunette showed a look of slight concern as a drop landed on my bed sheets.

"How could you of all people forget witches have fangs? Don't you like make out with the purple haired blight daily?" I tried to keep a straight face as Luz spit out all of her coffee onto my bed, coughing afterwards.

"THE- *cough cough* THE PUrPLE HaiRED BLIAUGHAUGHAUGH- BLIGHT- OH MY TITAN *cough cough cough* I knOw- I know you know her fucking name Hunter! *cough cough cough*" I eventually bursted out laughing when she looked up at me and her entire face was red.

"CHIRP CHEEP TWEET CHIRP CHIRP CHEEP?!?" [WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT HUNTER?!?] Flapjack flapped up to my shoulder, eyes wide, and feathers ruffled.

honestly it's giving "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT STOLAS?!" lmao 😭

"Tweet chirp chip cheep tweet chirp chip! ..Cheep tweet chirp cheep chip tweet." [I just woke up to violent coughing! ..Or maybe it might've been screaming.] I laughed and scratched his head, reassuring him that it was just Luz choking to death after I made I joke about her girlfriend. Afterwards, Flapjack then nuzzled up to Luz's arm, chirping a "Hey Luz!".

I giggled a bit at the cute little bird, yawning a bit at the end. "I'm getting tired, so why don't you head out? I have a night job I have to do in a few days, and it may be quite difficult. See ya soon, Luz The Human." I said with a chuckle as Luz nodded me a goodnight and hopped back out the window with The Owl Lady's palisman.

891 Words

Sorry this chapter was a lil short

I've kinda been wanting to write a beta lumity story :00

but that would also mean that I might start to lose motivation for this story :((

pls lmk whatcha think

~ Void