Cherry

"Okay, I think...I'm done."

Biting my inner cheek trying to put my bobby pin in my hair.

"My word finally I was-wow."

Pansy stood in the doorway looking absolutely beautiful but couldn't peel her eyes from me.

I hide my mouth with my hands as I can't help but smile at her reaction to me.

"You look ravishing."

Pansy purs.

"You're one to talk! That green dress hugs you perfectly!"

We jump in excitement as we embrace each other. We were a tad bit buzzed from the champagne we had throughout the day, not to mention we had maybe half a meal today.

"Okay, okay, Astoria and the rest of the girls are waiting for us downstairs, let's go."

Grabbing my arm Pansy makes me topple over as I was putting on my black heels.

"Alright! Alright, let me put on my heels first."

We laugh as I struggle for a moment and finally stand up tall. I wobble since these heels are such thin heels.

Pansy impatiently walks slow so I don't have to break my ankles anymore than I have to tonight, I silently thank her with a quick hand squeeze.

"Wow you both are look, amazing."

Astoria's face lights up as she admires us. We shyly smile at her and give her a warm embrace
.
"Okay, let's go, we mustn't keep our dates waiting."

We lock arms as we leave the common room. In a swarm of excitement I suddenly remember Fred's request and stop. The girls whip around confused.

"I have to go meet Fred, I'll see you girls later!"

Lifting my dress and try my hardest to run the complete opposite way so that I make the 'grand entrance' Fred so desperately wanted me to have. Biting my bottom lip holding a smile back, I finally see the stairs slowly approaching and a knot is in my throat.

Peering around the corner down the stairs to see everyone. Well, not everyone just a lot of people, I spot the tall red head peering up at the top of the steps, probably wondering where I am, I also spot all of the girls and boys, along with Theo who seems annoyed per usual.

Just relax Amalia.

Taking a sharp breath in, rolling my shoulders back ready to face the world. As I descended the grand staircase, my heart was beating out of my chest. I peer up at the chandeliers as they cast a soft, warm glow that caressed my black dress, the delicate lace tracing patterns of shadows on my skin.

Excitement coerced through me, with a burst of anxiety as I took in the sea of faces awaiting my entrance.

I could feel all eyes on me, but my gaze was drawn to one particular spot, Theo. Before I choke I shift my focus to my date, Fred. He stood among his friends, a playful smirk gracing his lips.

"Perfect."

Fred mouths secretly to me as I keep my pace down the stairs. As I reached the bottom of the staircase, the swirling sea of faces seemed to part, revealing Fred.

"Hello love."

Fred gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"What an entrance that was."

He whispers in my ear causing me to giggle at his response. Holding his arm out for me to take I am suddenly am pulled away to see an overly excited Mattheo and Pansy.