Ohms

Glancing over to my clock, reading at four in the morning. I groan, throwing my head back onto my pillow.

"We need to talk."

Theo approached my bed, sourness danced off of his words.

Letting out a sigh, I prop myself up, ushering him to come forward. Although I would rather be sleeping, talking to him will make my mind be at ease for a little while.

He sat at the foot of my bed. For quite some time neither of us said a word, just staring at one another, waiting for the other to cave.

"So you expect me to just want to "talk" after how you treated me? Okay, I'll talk, you ignore me for merlin knows how long, then expect me to be happy to see you?"

I finally spat out.

Theo appeared to be taken aback by the sudden aggression in my voice. His jaw clenched as he began to come back at me.

"I am not finished."

Theo's mouth closed immediately.

The anger began to fill in his body as his breathing became more rapid.

"And then you have the audacity to make me feel horrible for entering your mind after you entered mine? I apologize for seeing so deep but that's not my fault you don't have a strong enough mind to block me out."

Confidently pushed my chest out to him.

I couldn't believe I had finally gotten, most, of what was on my mind out. Yet this only caused Theo to finally break, or so it seemed.
Throwing his head back in a low chuckle, he brought his eyes forward, focused them on me. His eyes deepened in a way that I could not describe, it was hard to differentiate the difference between hurt and anger, it might be both.

"Please, I was ignoring you for a reason, you're just another shag that ended up being a disappointment."

Pushing himself up from my bed, he took three steps, before pausing directly in front of me.

"I am not weak, as I said before, I showed you something made up, what your mind failed to mention was that it was a warped reality. You really think I would do that if it were to actually happen, please. If I were to do anything to Adrian like that, it would be to show how powerful I am. You were just a pathetic pawn that just so happened to create the perfect situation."

I hadn't noticed my eyes begin to swell with tears as Theo dropped down to eye level with me.

"Like I said, pathetic."

Theo smiled as a single tear trickled down my cheek.

No words, even if I wanted to try and fight back I couldn't. My head was fully empty at this point, no thoughts, just the feeling of emptiness beginning to cave in.

Watching Theo leave my room without another word exchanged, he didn't even bother turning back.

A lump had formed in my throat, protecting me from anymore tears to leave my eyes. I should cry, who wouldn't. The words he spoke to me were unlike any he had ever said.

The things he used to say did not matter anymore, only what was said just a few moments ago. It lingered in the air and the room began to close, just like the emptiness in my head.

The urge to get up and run off the castle grounds was almost mesmerizing, to have the cold air coursing through my lungs, allowing me to be free but alas, I had no energy to do nothing, just lay in the room that no longer comforted me the way it once did.

Slowly, I rest my head upon my pillow once more, closing my eyes, trying to make the best out of the hole I was in.

4:15