Notice Me

There he was, standing face to face with me. I couldn't get a word out, not after what had just happened. Even after speaking so low of someone who has done the same, and worse, to me, I still feel bad. I wouldn't feel bad at all if it wasn't for the fact we are still standing two feet apart.

Talk to him.

There was a flurry of emotions battling one another. One on hand I don't wish to talk to Theo, not after everything that has happened, then again, an overwhelming sensation of guilt is horriding majority of my thoughts. Sucking in a quick breath, I spoke the first words to get rid of the deafening silence in the room.

"Come."

Grabbing Theo's hand, I led him away from the dining room towards the manor library. He did not fight back, nor did he take his hand from mine, it felt nice if it only wasn't for the fact that I insulted him and his father in front of everyone. Our hands departed when the door closed behind us.

"Incendio."

Lighting the fireplace should be able to lighten the mood, hopefully. The two of us stood a few feet apart, obviously waiting for me to begin speaking. I had no clue what to say, I myself was conflicted with the whole situation.

"If you're just going to be mute, then I have other things to do to waste my time."

Turning his back to leave, I lunged forward, grabbing a hold of his wrist.

"Theo, just sit, we need to talk."

This time he looked almost offended that I grabbed a hold of him in desperation.

"Make it quick, I don't want to be here any longer than I need to be."

He added, sitting on the arm chair beside the fireplace, illuminating his greek-like facial structure. The flames showed off his emerald eyes in a way that I have not seen before. He was paler than usual and his dark circles were sunken in deeper than before, besides that he still took the time to wear his perfectly ironed black button up and black slacks, clearly done by one of his house elves.

"I don't regret what I said."

My voice was cool, steady, and collected. I spoke as I sat directly across from him, brushing my blue summer dress smooth across my lap, offering a break in my sentence in case he wanted to add anything, of course, he didn't. All he did was stare through me, not at me, he looked bored, uninterested in any words that I had to say.

"Your father said terrible things, I couldn't bare to listen to anymore. Everything just sort of came out."

Almost everything.

Again, giving Theo a chance to respond, nothing. It was starting to scratch at the back of my brain, making me agitated at the face that sat before me.

"Are you going to say anything or am I just wasting my breath-"

"You're wasting your breath. I do not care what you think of me, let alone what you think of my father, you are weak."

Theo's words found their way into my stomach, opening up a bottomless pit.

"Clearly they did with your response."

Theo snickered, his face falling back to its original demeanor of the lack of interest he had with our conversation.

"It's called a front Amalia, just like how I put on one every time I ever showed that I somehow am interested in you."

"So you're saying the time from picking me up at the party to pinning me down in the quidditch pitch, that was all just a front? A front for what?"