Little Bit

Outstretching my arms, I froze, feeling a warmth beside me. Letting out a sigh of relief, it was just Theo. Turning over on my side, I let myself watch him sleep. Seeing him so content in his own mind makes me feel a little more at ease with my current situation.

My current situation.

A panic ensued within me. The room seemed to shrink with me being the center point of it. Something was itching at me to get out, I can't think straight.

I ignored Theo's arm aching to pull me closer to him. Throwing off the blanket, I made a b-line to the door, ignoring the calls from within the room. No one was in the common room, nor the hallways, nor the-

"Amalia, what's wrong?"

Mattheo pulled me to my feet from knocking me on my ass. He eyed me and suddenly I was aware that I was only in Theo's jumper that went up to my mid thigh, it's not like he hasn't seen me in much skimpier attire.

"I-I, no."

Collapsing into his arms, I wrapped myself around him, letting out a dry sob. I had no more tears in me, but I needed to cry. Mattheo slowly brought us to the ground, not retaining his grip around me.

We sat in a comfortable silence, just the two of us. A cold breeze ran over my bare legs, that's when I looked onto the night sky and it was still dark. It must have been at least three in the morning. Luckily, Prefects aren't patrolling at this late hour.

Loosening my hold on Mattheo, we let go to look at one another. His eyes were so calming, there was always a storm within them, yet he always pushed aside his feelings in search of finding what was happening with my feelings.

He tucked a loose piece of my scraggily hair behind my ear, waiting for me to talk.

"Did you know?"

I let out quietly.

"Know what Dove?"

His face didn't budge, as I rolled my eyes, he kept his soft expressions towards me. He would never not call me that no matter how many times I vocalized my dislike of the nickname.

"My grandfather."

Mattheo's eyes fluttered away from mine, as did his body. He kept one arm on me, slumping into the wall behind us.

"I know who he is yes, I'm sorry."

He bit his lip, turning his eyes towards me once more.

"He wants to kill me."

Dropping my head into my hands.

"Hey, hey, I won't let that happen, no one will."

His hand caressed my back as he scooted closer to me.

"How do you know this?"

"Theo told me, that's why him and his father want to protect me in any way they can."

I lifted my head back up to see Mattheo with a frown on his face. The lines in his forehead deep with confusion.

"Theo told you that?"

"Yeah."

My voice tinted with disbelief. I don't not trust what Theo told me, but now looking at Mattheo, I was starting to wonder if maybe something were not to be trusted about this.

Mattheo shook his head, flashing me a small smile before pulling me into a well needed hug from someone other than my boyfriend. My best friend.

"How are you?"

I asked. I could feel his smile against the top of my head.

"Fine, like always."

"I haven't spoken to you in a while and I am so sorry, it's just that-"