Kintsugi

"What are you thinking?"

My hoarse voice echoing off the walls before me.
It's a dark and familiar place, the shadow, it's back. The comfort in which the shadowy figure use to bring me, now feels like venom coursing through my veins as I try to reason with it.

"You don't get it. YOU NEVER WILL! I AM MADE THIS WAY!"

I awake gasping for air to fill my lungs as if I was back in the black lake once more.

"Amalia what's wrong?"

A shaken voice next to awakens at the scream I had unleashed.

Turning to face the person and it's Theo. I couldn't comprehend how I was with him, in his bed, or what my dream was about, all I know is I needed to catch my breath and take it in one by one, but I couldn't. A million thoughts were racing in my mind and didn't seem to stop.

"Amalia calm down, it was just a nightmare."

Theo embraces me in his arms, laying us back down.

"Why am I here?"

My words light as ever.

"I brought you here."

Theo simply stated, rolling over to his nightstand.
He fiddled around in his drawer before grabbing a cigarette, lighting it with wordless magic.

"Obviously, but why, I was completely fine."

Crossing my arms with my chin held high.

Theo and I both knew I was wrong. In fact, I hadn't even had time to process what had happened, it all was just, a blur.

Theo could sense what I was thinking about by his response.

"You weren't, he tried to get his way with you but you were unconscious. Let's just say he won't be a problem for you anymore."

Letting out a puff of smoke.

My face twisted in anger.

"Oh so you think that just because you "saved" me everything is fine?!"

Theo was taken aback at my sudden outburst.

"Amalia you don't understand, I-"

"Oh I completely understand Theo, you think that just because of all of this that we can have sex again, news flash, we won't, you leave me wondering all the time if I'm ever going to see you again, you did not visit me in the hospital after that stupid game, what's next, you hex me? I'm over it, all of this, over you-"

My words were cut off by Theo's lips on mine.
At first I tried to push him off, but I realized this wasn't like any other kiss before. It was soft, gentle, and meaningful.

Giving in, I kissed him back, although the kiss lasted a few seconds, it felt okay. The worry in my body began to flush out, just in that split second I felt at ease with everything, like everything was right.

Parting from each other,  his emerald eyes met mine, we just stared for a moment, no fighting, no cussing, just us in this moment.

"I'm sorry."

Our foreheads rested on one another's as we sat, letting Theo's apology sink in.

It wasn't extravagant, nor did he need it to be. I know things will not be the same and that's fine, just as long as I don't have to deal with the worry.

"You don't have to Malia."

Theo moves back, smirking.

"Did you just try to enter my mind?"