Desire

"Why are you so pissy today."

Pansy replies to my door slam without taking her eyes off of her book.

"Seriously?"

"Um, yeah?"

Pansy's tone made me want to whip out my wand and throw an unforgivable curse her way.

"Hmm, let me think, I was told by a Gryffindor that there was a party tonight and that Slytherin's would be going."

Tapping my foot as if I'm a mom scolding her child Pansy gives me a confused look.

"Yeah there is, are you not going?"

She lets out a chuckle, closing her book and making her way to the bathroom.

"Well I am now, thanks for the invite."

"I-it must've slipped my mind. I swear I did."

I look at Pansy to find her face riddled with confusion.

"Did no one else tell you?"

"No, no one did."

Putting my guard back up, I stand taller than before.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I-I don't know."

Pansy simply said, staring off into the distance, slowly lowering herself to her bed.

Something seemed extremely off about all of this.
While showering I couldn't help but think back at everyone's responses. Mattheo not being able to tell me anything about Theo and Pansy simply forgetting to tell me about a party, everyone for that matter.

~*~

"Someone's excited for this party."

Pansy smirks at me as I grab the bottle of fire whiskey from her, taking a long swig.

"Yeah, hopefully people won't be forgetting about me tonight."

My sarcasm was through the roof, or dungeons.

"Amalia, I swear I told you I just can't recall."

Pansy pleaded with me, I know she was serious because she never calls me Amalia.

Either Pansy is an amazing liar or she actually is insane.

"Whatever."

I don't even bother going through my clothes and go straight to Pansy's wardrobe. Might as well, she's a bad friend for lying, and what a stupid reason to lie about.

"So we're going with black cat for the night?"

Pansy is trying to lighten the mood and it actually got a smile out of me. Pointing out the fact I was wearing all black.

"Precisely."

~*~

No one seemed surprised when I walked into the common room to head to the party. Either they all must've "invited" me or they just assumed I'd be there anyways.

With a few shots in to the fire whiskey I was feeling pretty good, that was until I saw Neville standing by the room of requirement and I suddenly remembered that Theo would be here tonight.

"Malia, you look like you've seen a Dementor, are you alright?"

Pansy places a hand on my shoulder.

"She probably drank too much fire whiskey."

Astoria snickers making a few other girls giggle amongst themselves.