Fast In My Car

The past three days have been filled with letters, letters, and more letters. Theo wasn't lying when he said that he was expecting a letter every hour, I was a few hours late in replying to his letter and got a howler sent to me and let's just say it wasn't something my mother should have heard.

"Amalia Domna Zabini, I know for a fact that you are doing absolutely nothing worth not responding to me. If this has anything to do with Mattheo who just so happens to me sitting right beside me I will personally deliver him to your house with no left hand. You know, so he won't ever be able to write to you and jerk of to the thought of you which he definitely has-

I have not you nasty wanker! And if you think you'll be able to lay a hand on me you have another thing coming-

Shove off cunt, anyways, it's pathetic I have to mention another boy to get you to write to me. Make sure this never happens again.

Ciao mi amore."

Just know that, that howler was present at dinner between my mother and I. Her expression didn't budge which made my face turn an even darker shade of green.

"Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with the Notts."

I was relieved at her response even though she shouldn't have heard it in the first place. That same night I wanted to ask my mother about who my grandfather was but it was no use, she wasn't in a talkative mood and hardly ate. It probably was due to another lover of hers, at this point Blaise and I lost count, though we love our mother, she doesn't care to mention anything about the men in her life since they never last.

Today was my last and final day at home before leaving for Hogwarts in the morning. Between writing back to Theo and Mattheo at the same time, I had some time to think of a way to respond to Amos Diggory. I wanted to help as much as I could, however, I was just as clueless as he was.

So I took the liberty as making it something I can deal with once away at school. My mother typically speaks her mind a lot more in writing rather than in person, it probably gives her more time to think and I can't really blame her, I myself find it hard to speak most of the time when confronted with tough situations. Besides, maybe one of the professor's might know a little bit of who my grandfather is since Amos said that the ministry would need my help and Dumbledore always has his nose in the ministries business.

There was a peck on my window, my poor Didi, she has never worked this hard in her entire life. I'm not sure about Blaise and my mother but I know that with me Didi would only send letters for me that were meant for my mother, which was only a few times a year.

Theo's letters were almost always short and simple, it is annoying how he expects me to write back to him so much when all we are talking about is little things that have little to no meaning. I get he wants to talk to me and I want to just as much as he does, however, it seems as if there's no point in tiring Didi out like this.

Amalia,

I just had probably the best pudding in a while, it had chocolate frogs atop of it. Do you remember having that as kids? I'm guessing the house elves were feeling sentimental with this dish. I hate to say it, but I'm going to miss them this year, only because they are the ones that clean up after me and now I'll have to clean my room. Also can you give Didi an elixir of some sort? She is flying immensely slower, unless it's you taking your sweet time to write back to me. Either way, fix it. I'll be heading to bed within the next two hours and would like a letter to put me to sleep.

Buona notte amore

What was the point of this letter? Like could he not wait until tomorrow to let me know how his trifle was? I rolled my eyes, slumping back in my chair. I didn't even know how to respond to him, if I don't write enough he will get irritated with me and if I take too long it will be the exact same reaction as before.