Teacher's Pet

"What were you two idiots thinking?!"

Snape slammed his book down in front of our faces, in turn, causing me to jump on impact, Theo of course sat unbothered.

"Not only have I been robbed of my position by not one, but two different professor's, but you idiotic children were caught doing sexual acts in a classroom."

"Professor, we never meant to-"

"I do not wish to hear anything that comes from your mouth Ms. Zabini,"

I dropped my head to focus on my hands in my lap.

"you are lucky Dumbledore does not wish to expel you, especially from what you did last semester."

Guilt washed over me, yet I didn't say a word. In the moment and even after, I didn't really care.

"I know you two do not care but I do!"

Snape leaned over the desk, making my head snap up to meet his sorrow filled face. He seemed to be more upset about this than I have ever seen him, his voice was different as well. His stress caused his voice to incline by two octaves.

He twirled, grabbing a sheet of paper off of the desk behind him, placing it on the table in front of me.

"What is this?"

I picked up the paper with my brows furrowed together.

"It's your new schedule, you will no longer have classes with Mr. Nott, that is your punishment, bestowed upon by me."

Opening my mouth to retort, Theo beat me to it.

"I'm sure we can work something out-"

"I will not allow that to happen, you are not changing my mind about this. Neither of you."

I looked at Theo to find him smiling at professor Snape, it appeared to be sinister.

"Are you sure you'd like to do that, professor?"

Snape rolled his shoulder back, shaking off the worry of his students.

"If you are insinuating what I think you are Mr. Nott I'd-"

"I am."

Deafening silence filled the empty classroom, the tension between Snape and his most prized student could be cut with a knife. Snape let out a shaky breath, drawing me back a little, I have never seen Snape appear this way either, he seemed, scared.

"I will see what I can do."

~*~

Theo and I being stuck in that suffocating classroom with Snape led us to missing lunch. If only we weren't so consumed in our hormones we would have been able to avoid all of this. Do I regret it? Not at all.

We were instructed to walk separately from now on, I left the classroom first, walking towards the dungeons which was on the complete opposite side of the castle. The halls had some straggling students that were sure to be late to their next class.

I was lucky to be alone in this moment, if it were during passing period I would sure run into someone and me being me, I'd tell them everything that had just happened. Turning the corner I'm met with a large figure smacking into me, winding up on my bum.

"Oh dear, Ms. Zabini, are you alright?"

Letting out an airy chuckle, I was actually glad to see it was him.

"It's alright."

I took his hand, brushing my robes off once I steadied myself. He tilted his head at me, a glint of suspicion in his eyes.