Be Quiet and Drive

I could see my mother standing on the platform awaiting my arrival. Normally my mother would never be caught dead waiting on the platform of King's Cross, because of circumstances I am guessing that is why she is here.

Her dark curls lay perfectly still upon her relaxed shoulders, giving a beautiful contrast to the pearlescent white blouse she had on. My mother's face was almost too difficult to decipher as her posture shown composure, but the fiddling of her hand bag told me otherwise.

As the train came to a stop I felt a lump form in my throat at the thought of having to explain to my mother why I had a friend of mine send her an owl as to why I needed to come home.

On the ride to London I had some time to time to process why I was even leaving. I'm not sure if it is because I was away from the school, but I feel fine, pretty good actually. All I know is that I did not feel it was necessary for Pansy to send an owl to my mother, let alone have me taken out of classes with only a few weeks left.

The horn of the train reminded me that I needed to grab my belongings and head towards the platform. With a swift motion of my wand, my baggage followed behind me and I did just that.

She does not need to know everything, just make something up.

I told myself, hoping that the lump in my throat would soon suffice, but it didn't.

My mother's eyes softened when they met mine. I had yet to notice that my feet were carrying me faster than normal, before I knew it I was engulfed in my mother's arms.

I took in a deep breath as my head fit between her shoulder and head. She smelt of honey and jazmine, just as she did before. Her soft hands ran through my hair as we held onto one another for a few moments longer. Pulling away she brought her hand to my cheek, softly rubbing her thumb against my cheek, giving me a look that reminded me why I needed to be home.

"Mom, I-I'm so sorry-"

"We can talk when we get to the Manor, for now let's get your things and head home."

She gave me a warm smile as I returned back to her.

~*~

"I had not missed that."

Coughing, stepping out of our living room fire place.

Floo powder was one of the quickest ways of transportation, it was either that or my mother's horrible apparition.

"You chose to do floo sweetheart, now go get cleaned up and we can have dinner."

She brushed off some coal from my shoulder and motioned me to my room.

Our Manor was quite the eye catcher but it was nothing compared to those with whom I am friends with. I wouldn't call it being ungrateful, but it would be nice to have friends over, yet they insisted on going to the Malfoy's or Nott's.

Taking a deep breath before walking into my room.
Smiling to myself, I realized how much I missed having my own room that was not in a dungeon.
My room was as pure as it could be with the color white being the dominant color and large windows that went from the floor to my ceiling. I jumped on my bed, rolling around in the white satin sheets, taking in every nostalgic memory that I had.

One of which being that my room is my sanctuary, whenever I would feel out of place or uncomfortable, my room was the first place I'd run to. My attention was disrupted by my mother entering my room.

"Darling, I said get cleaned up, not dirty your sheets."

She chuckled, walking ever so delicately towards me.