feel something

"Malia come on!"

Mattheo jumped with excitement, practically dislocating my arm in the process. At this moment all I could see was darkness, due to him blindfolding me to not see whatever he had planned for this moment.

"Mattheo! Slow down! I can't see-"

As if fate had it out for me, I slammed right into the wall in front of me.

"Sorry."

Mattheo sheepishly let out.

"How much longer before we-"

Mattheo stopped me in my tracks by placing firm hands on my shoulders.

His left hand lifted from my shoulder, finding it's way behind my head. With ease, the blindfold slid from my eyes, revealing a dark room.

"Don't tell me this is another prank."

A few muffled giggles caught my attention in the room. My eyes darted across the pitch black room, forcing my sight to focus on anything it could. This was not the day I wanted to be pranked, especially since it was my birthday.

"Mattheo I-"

"SURPRISE!"

The eeriness of the room was absorbed by the vibrant vibes of those that filled it. My once nervous nature of my body, left my body in a flash. To say I was grateful for this moment would be an understatement, I was ecstatic.

"Happy Birthday Dove."

Mattheo whispered in my ear, holding me in a deep embrace. I thank Merlin that my face was hidden in his shoulder, simply from my face being more red than a phoenix feather.  

"Amalia! Come here, I want you to meet someone very special."

My mother guided me away from Mattheo, to her new profound "love".

Sticking my tongue out and visibly gagging, Mattheo laughed, joining the other boys that had gathered around my brother Blaise. I could not even tell you about this new man my mother had found to drain his pockets, the entire time I was staring off behind his head at the grand chandelier that seemed to sparkle within the light that radiated off of it.

Call it rude, but I didn't care. In a year or so, he will be gone and my mother will have obtained Blaise the newest Nimbus broom and me a stack of books of my choosing.

"Well Amalia, it was a pleasure, now, go enjoy your party."

My mother's lover charmingly let out, laying a kiss atop my hand.

The hall was filled with majority of my mother's friends that consistently dragged Blaise and I away from every interaction we had with our friends to tell us how big we were getting, or how much we have blossomed, and the one that stuck out the most, be prepared for your Hogwarts letter soon!

Theo mocked every single conversation we had, teasing Blaise and I to the point that we tried to snag our mothers wand in an attempt to hex him into silence. To no avail, we could not obtain it, thankfully our mother saw this as a sign that it was time to sing Happy Birthday.

A large cake floated towards the center of the room, grasping everyone's attention to the beautifully candle lit cake with me beside it. The lights in the room dimmed and the once warm faces were blurred behind the small candles that decorated my cake.

In unison, the symphony of voices came together to serenade me. I never know how to act with so much attention on me, I'll either pick at my nails or look around aimlessly as if I had no clue what was going on. My left hand made it's way towards my right when it was slowly wrapped in someone's hand that had miraculously appeared beside me.