Everlong

A single tear emerges from the corner of my left eye, finding its way down my cheek before the crying comes to a halt.

I could hear footsteps coming dangerously close to me as I dare not face the person behind me. Feeling a hand find its way to my lower back, it rests, insinuating me to look who's body is attached to it, but I was frozen.

"You can't ignore me even if you try."

Theo tried to lighten up the mood with the comment he made, still was unable to look into his eyes without wanting to gouge them out.

I was mad, sad, filled with an endless pit of anxiety in my stomach. I didn't know what to feel in this moment.

Without hesitation Theo's hand swiftly caught my arm, hoisting me around to face him. Our eyes didn't need to search for the others as they had fallen right into place, like always.

Not a word was spoken, yet our eyes could not stop talking. This is the only time I have seen Theo with his guard down, I could read him, not easily, but way better than normally. He seemed conflicted, battling the feelings of guilt, rage, and sadness. I on the other hand could be seen as what I was feeling, confused.

This goes on for a few moments longer until Theo, still with his hand on my arm, begins to walk up the stairs, taking me with. I don't say anything, I just keep going, I'm too tired to even give him one of the million thoughts I had racing through my head.

We pass by multiple couples, a few crying girls being comforted by their friends, and-

Oh shit.

My feet begin to plant themselves as Theo and I are about to cross paths with a group of very confused looking Slytherins.

Theo doesn't let me budge which took me by surprise, he would never be caught dead alone with me, especially in the state both of us were in, also the fact his hand was still on my arm.

"Where do you think you two are going?"

Astoria crosses her arms in front of her chest as she blocks Theo's way.

He didn't even glance at her, he simply kept on going, not letting her stop him. Neither of us looked back as the group shouted our names. I realized where we were heading now that we had passed the Great Hall.

Climbing our way to the Astronomy Tower, we reached the top, that is when Theo released his grasp from me. I rubbed my arm to soothe the aching my muscles were feeling from Theo's piano fingers digging into them.

He stands near the railing, letting the delicate snowflakes land upon him as he decided to light a cigarette, inhaling for what seemed like an eternity before exhaling the smoke from his lungs.

I didn't know what to do, nor what to say, I simply stood where he had left me, this time much colder from before. Standing in an open Astronomy Tower is not ideal in the winter with no jumper.

"Come here, take my jacket."

It's almost as if he read my mind.

"Your chattering teeth are ruining my buzz."

Oh.

"I'm not cold."

Clenching my jaw to restrain it from jolting up and down. Theo aggressively rips off his suit jacket, stepping towards me. I lift my head high letting him know that I am in fact warm.

I'm really not.

Theo stands before me with only a fingers width of space between us. His cigarette illuminates his face as he puffs it, keeping it in the corner of his mouth. The smoke hits my face, not on purpose of course, warming me as a hint of mint lingered about the smoke.