18

Cora

Nightfall already.

The time I have been waiting for is finally here.

The quietness of the night and the mansion shows that it is very late and everyone is asleep. I am still on my bed, awake and waiting for the right time to move.

I stir to the right side of my bed, I sight the alarm clock, it is almost midnight.

I stir back to the left side of my bed, Nadia is fast asleep. Deep asleep as expected.

Time to escape.

Quietly, I get off my bed and arrange it. I am already on my yellow dress, one of the ones Iris got me so no need to dress up. I bring out the red bag pack under my bed without making a noise.

Thankfully Nadia didn't notice the bag was missing from where she hung it.

I tiptoed around my bed towards Sky. He is awake as well. I unzipped the bag and bring it towards him. He entered and I zipped it back a little so he could get some air.

"Just hang in there. Don't pop your head out okay?" I whispered to him as I hang the bag on my back.

I put on my sandals and packed up my hair in a bun. I breathed in and out before tiptoeing towards the door.

I looked at Nadia. She is very sound asleep. Letting out snores as usual.

"Bye Nadia" I whispered.

Giving her one last look, I head out of the door. I moved behind a pillar and my heart picked up.

This is going to hard but I have to try.

I have to ignore my heart beat just like I did at the orphanage.

Please God don't let me get caught.

Please.

I recalled my calculations when we were preparing for lunch and dinner earlier today. I followed the other chefs to the storeroom outside to get things for dinner.

I managed to study the walls there. How high it was and if it is climbable. I sighted some huge cracks that gave me the assurance that it is climbable.

I nod to myself as I start making plans for tonight.

Now it is time.

I began tiptoeing along the hallway. I haven't seen any guards yet. They must be asleep. Everywhere is so quiet, you could hear a pin drop.

I got to the kitchen door. I thought about taking snacks from the fridge in case I go hungry while running in the woods.

But no. That will only delay my escape.

Hopefully I will see someone nice enough to help me once I get out.

Right now I need to focus on getting out of here.

I felt Sky move in the bag.

"Don't worry Sky, we are almost at the backyard." I whispered as I walk pass the kitchen.