29

Cora

"He kissed you?" Iris asked surprised as expected.

I nod.

We are both in my room, I am seated on my bed and she is on her feet looking at me with surprise on her face.

"This is so....I can't believe this. It is so hard to believe"

I look down.

"My brother? East? Kissed you?"

I nod.

She scoffed. "What happened to killing you because of the money? How come he changed over night?"

I don't respond.

"Wait a second, could it be that...." She paused. "Could it be that he is liking you?"

I shake my head.

"You like him don't you?"

I look at her.

"You do like him because I saw the look on your face when he was kissing Mona"

Gosh she really saw everything.

"You even had tears in your eyes" she said.

"I....I don't know. I just...." I heave a sigh. "it hurts seeing them"

"Oh geez" she said coming towards me and sit beside me.

"You do like him. This is fucking interesting" she said.

I look down my fiddling fingers.

"I pissed him off. I told him I have a boyfriend"

"Boyfriend? Wait you mean Hunter?"

I nod.

"Seriously Cora?"

I close my eyes, expecting her to yell at me or something.

But instead she placed her hand on mine making me look at her.

"Listen Cora, Hunter does not love you. If he does, he would have made an attempt to pay his debt and save you"

I felt tears coming.

"Hell he would have given up his freedom if he doesn't have the money and save you. But he hasn't showed his face. You need to forget about him." she said.

"Now I am not saying this for you to accept my brother. I am saying this for you to know your worth. Believe it or not, this is your life now. That jerk boyfriend of yours is not coming for you. You don't even need him. Focus on what is right in front of you."

I nod as tears roll down my tears.

She pulled me into a hug.

"Just forget him"

I heave a sigh.

"As for my brother,..." She paused, pulling away from the hug "he can be annoying, stubborn and angry. But he has a good heart. And when it comes to things he wants, he is so possessive and over protective."