22

Cora

"How dare you kiss my brother?"

I arched my brow. I wasn't expecting that question. My heart is beating so loud that I could pass out right now.

"I asked you a fucking question" he snarled.

"I....I wasn't....I...."

"Your fucking boyfriend owe me a lot of money" he cuts in, moving closer to me. His eyes darker than usual, looking at me like he could take my soul out.

I held the side of my dress feeling more unease than ever.

"I made you a collateral for that. Do you fucking know how privileged you are to still be alive and living under my fucking roof?!" He snapped.

I flinched.

"Do you fucking think that working as a chef for me is close to half the money that bastard owes me?"

I shake my head no.

"And you have the guts to have fun. Play games and dance? Living the life, a fucking collateral is not meant to live! Like kissing my brother?!"

"I wasn't.....we...we were just playing a game"

He nods "I see"

"Iris said..."

"Of course Iris." He cuts in closing his eyes as if he was trying to recall something. He looked back at me.

I felt threatening tears.

"You have managed to win my sister's heart, get her on your side and now she defends you all the time"

"N...no she...she is my friend"

He scoffed.

He laughs like the devil.

"A collateral in my house is now friends with my sister. How interesting" he said nodding

"I am sor...." I got cut off the minute he grabbed my neck. A gasp left my mouth.

"Who the fuck do you think you are huh?"

Cold shivers ran down my spine. His grip on my neck is making my head bang.

"How fucking dare you?" He snarled.

"I am sorry please" I cried, tears rushing out of my eyes.

I just want him to leave me alone. I didn't mean to offend him.

I was still crying when he released my neck.

He was staring at me but I look down avoiding his eyes but tears kept rushing out the more.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Iris' familiar voice came, relieving me.

She made steps towards us.

"Cora"

I kept looking down sniffling.