39

Cora

"How long was your stay at the orphanage?" He asked looking at me.

We are both on the bed, naked but the sheets are covering us. It is pasted midnight but we both can't sleep.

"Since I was a baby, till I turned seventeen and ran away"

He raise his brows at me. "Why did you do that?"

I look down as memories start swimming in.

"The new sisters wanted to sell us to the Russians"

"Russians?"

I nod "yes. They are bad men. I didn't want to go with them so I managed to run away. But I couldn't get Julia and Sunny to come with me"

I felt tears building up.

"Those two at the ball"

I nod.

"I guess the Russians made a good use of them" he said.

He is right.

Those are sad memories. I don't like thinking about them because it makes me so sad.

"Where did you run to?" He asked.

"I ran into Hunter"

He hummed. "I see"

"The Russian men were chasing me but he saved me from them and took me to his place"

He scoffed. "That's sweet. The motherfucker actually have a heart" he said getting off the bed and walk towards the desk where a bottle of wine and a glass are kept.

All through, my cheeks heated up seeing his naked butt. I clenched my thighs inside the sheets as I watch him pour himself a drink and sipped.

"So you stayed with him all through till you were brought to me" he asked walking back to the bed.

I nod.

"Hmm. Interesting. Well he had his chance. You are mine now" he said looking at me.

My heart fluttered. I look down blushing hard. I love it whenever he says that.

"But I am still going to deal with him for putting his hands on you" he said sipping his drink.

"He doesn't do that all the time"

"Don't defend him baby. He deserves to be dealt with"

I don't say anything further. I don't want to upset him.

"Do you have any friends back there?" He asked sipping his drink.

I nod. "Gloria"

"Just one?"

I nod. "Hunter doesn't like me having any friends. He said it is dangerous and it will lead the Russians to me"

He scoffed. "What a moron"

I look down, fiddling with my fingers.

"How come he let you have Gloria as a friend then?"

"He allowed me work at a small restaurant close by his house. Gloria was one of the employees there. She was very nice and friendly. But i barely worked there for a month. Hunter stopped me from working even after I begged him." 

"So that bastard held you like a prisoner huh? " he asked sipping his drink but you could tell he is angry.

I nod "But It is all in the past now. I am here. With you" I said looking at him.