21

Her heart picked up.

Him on the other hand was busy with his wrist shirt button but noticed someone in front of him, making him look up.

Stopping on his track, he recognised her instantly.

Her heart is beating fast as she held a little of her dress sides.

They stared at each other.

The boss' eyes moved from her face down to her toes. The red dress is making her look..... different.

He thought.

East arched his brow a bit to why she looked this way and why he was checking her out.

Cora on the other is unease where she stood.

She can't believe the boss is in front her today of all days. She does know that she will see him at the party but didn't expect to see him this early.

"Cora?" Iris called approaching behind Cora making her feel relieved.

Iris is on a blue jean short skirt, pink sleeveless crop top,  jean jacket and black boots. She let her hair fall to the back and on her face is a smokey make up making look very gorgeous.

She held Cora's hand cause she is sure Cora is already unease. Cora felt more relieved because Iris is holding her hand.

"East" Iris called her brother.

"Birthday girl" East said.

"Is there a problem?" Iris asked.

East looked at Cora who looked down. He scoffed a bit before looking back at Iris.

"No" he said walking pass them.

Cora let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

Iris sighed, looking at Cora. "Look at you. You look beautiful. I knew this dress will be perfect on you"

Cora chuckled. "Thank you. You look very beautiful"

"Oh well. I tried" Iris said proudly, laughing.

Cora smiled.

Iris held Cora's hand. "Just relax and have fun okay?"

Cora nods.

"Ignore my brother. He won't scare you. I am there with you and so is my aunt. Just have fun tonight okay?"

Cora nod again. "Okay"

"Now let's go party!" Iris said happily and they both head downstairs towards the living room.

The table is set and so are the decorations and lights. The cake is beautiful and set on the table, along with drinks and snacks.

Getting to the living room, Iris sight her friends.

"Iris!" AJ called happily as she head towards Iris.

"AJ!" Iris squealed excitedly as she hugged her friend.

"Happy birthday, girl!" AJ said.