Chapter Ninety Two

****TRIGGER WARNING: INSINUATION OF VIOLENCE AGAINST CHILDREN **** warning will be displayed so you can skip that part if you wish.

Brielle was running through the cargo area, knocking down all that she could to block Dhadtoudi's path, but the woman cleared most of the items with ease, vaulting over them like she had done on countless hunts before.

Her gray eyes burned with a fury she hadn't felt since the deaths of her father and brother. Glistening sweat covered her skin, emphasizing the ferocity of the scar across her face and terrifying several of the dock workers.

The pursued woman felt an uncomfortable chill shoot along her spine as she realized the bay doors were closed and locked, the mechanisms requiring key codes and retinal scans to open. Normally she would try to bypass the system locks or simply pluck the needed organ from someone's skull, but she was lacking in time. She heard Dhadtoudi's footfalls nearing and she turned to see the woman staring daggers into her soul.

"Dhadtoudi listen to me, it's not what you think..!"

"If it was not, you would not run."

She had a fair point, Brielle reasoned. "I ran because I was scared! But I didn't really intend to auction him off! It was supposed to be a scam! They were supposed to transfer the money to my account, then I take back the pup and blow the place sky high with explosives that I planted the last time I was here. You have to believe me!"

"Only a fool would believe anything that falls from your mouth."

"O'kaor will believe me."

"Again...only a fool."

Brielle's eyes narrowed into slits at the insult. "So what, you're going to kill an unarmed female? That's dishonorable. Your clan would never accept you back, you'd  be blacklisted. What did you call it before? A 'bad blood'?"

"I will not kill you. Death would be a release from the consequences of your actions. You will suffer for What you have done."

———————————————————————————

T'ahrou cradled the pup with one arm as he gently rocked him in an attempt to quell the soft cries that began during the wave of human panic and chaos. The scent of blood drifted through the ventilation system of his mask and he stepped away from what remained of the auctioneer. "O'kaor, take him so that I may go to Dhadtoudi."

"Zahn'tha needs you right now. I will go after her and meet you back at the dwelling."

T'ahrou let loose a deep, threatening growl, the likes of which O'kaor had never heard from him. "We will return to our clan, and that is final." The malice in his tone was clear and O'kaor couldn't help the urge to quip back at the larger male. Family be damned, he was sick of taking orders from T'ahrou...and T'ahrou seemed to sense it.

"We've catered to your misguided fantasies long enough. We came here to drag your ass back to the home world because you could not hold your own against a few pitiful pyode-amedha. Zaiyu is dead, Dhadtoudi was turned into a science experiment which in turn almost cost Zahn'tha his life, now we're having to go through all of this mess because your lowly excuse for a mate can't be trusted to ignore her Ooman desires for wealth and recognition."

"And Dhadtoudi can?"

"THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!" His outburst brought on a new round of cries from the pup but T'ahrou didn't seem to notice for a moment, his chest heaving with angry, labored breaths. "Dhadtoudi was raised as one of us. She grew to hold true to the morals and values of our clan. How many times must she prove herself to you? To any of you?"