Chapter Ninety Five

"STOP AND PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!! WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" Three soldiers standing at the facilities entrance gate has their sights trained on someone moving towards them in the shadows.

"My name is Brielle Ronaldi, and I'm unarmed! I was a scientist at the G.L. Brooks Association for Insterstellar Research."

"That place was destroyed!" The first man took a threatening step forward. "That doesn't explain why you're here!"

"It's a long story, but one of the projects at the facility escaped and kind of took me along for the ride. There's another woman...she's pregnant and injured, and the baby isn't reacting well. She needs immediate care that we're not able to give her out here! Please, help us and I'll hand over whatever knowledge I have on this species!"

The three soldiers shared a skeptical glance and we're about to argue further, but a voice over a nearby intercom interrupted. "What did you say your name was?"

"Brielle Ronaldi from the G.L. Brooks Association for Insterstellar Research."

"As in the same Brielle Ronaldi that was over Project Lazarus?"

"Yes!"

"How many do you have with you?"

"Myself, the injured woman, two males, and one male unaccounted for."

"I believe we can account for your missing party member...you may enter on the grounds that none of you will attack my staff."

"As long as your staff doesn't show aggression or act threatening, you have nothing to worry about. Just please, she's losing a lot of blood..!" The gate buzzed as it swung open and the cooked forms of T'ahrou and O'kaor stepped out from the trees while the larger of the two carried Dhadtoudi in his arms, her blood streaking down his invisible form. The soldiers watched in horror as the group made their way inside. "Tell your people not to raise their weapons. These guys don't take that stuff lightly. Two of the soldiers nodded while the third lead the group to the medical wing. Rain fell from their bodies as they rushed through the hallways.

Once they reached the medical wing, they could see doctors and nurses already prepped and scrubbed in for whatever may be coming their way...but the shock in their expressions said they had not been prepared for invisible visitors. T'ahrou places Dhadtoudi on the table and stepped back just enough that the medical team could begin their work on her.

They fought to stop the bleeding while also using a sonogram to check the baby's heartbeat. "How far along is she?" The doctor threw out the question while he worked and O'kaor translated for T'ahrou who in turn answered.

"About five months..." Brielle started.

"Good, at least if we have to do a cesarean it will be at a more stable point in the term."

"They have an average term of 15 months..." Brielle added in nervously. The doctor gave her a skeptical look. "She's had some genetic modifications to her reproductive system to make her body more...accepting...of their dna."

"So what exactly is the baby hybridized with?"

A low growl from behind her. "They do not wish to share that information. It's privileged among their people."

"But you know?"

"I'm a special case. But as far as we know she has no known drug allergies. She hasn't had much medical care in the past but from rare occurrences we know she's not allergic to Tylenol or amoxicillin."

"That's all you know?"

Brielle nodded. "They have a more pure and naturalist medical system for the most part. They don't have all the chemicals and drugs and everything that we use. I've given her some here and there for migraines and infected wounds, but that's it."