Chapter Twenty One

Zaiyu, O'kaor, T'ahrou, and Dhadtoudi all stood outside the entrance of the dwelling as they discussed what would happen with the human female that waited silently on the other side. "I feel that Dhadtoudi should be the one to watch over her." O'kaor made the casual suggestion and blatantly ignored the small female's growling protest. "It only makes sense that a female reside with another female during such a drastic change.

"Why should I have to pup-sit?! You are the one that wanted to bring it back to begin with!"

"She." Dhadtoudi growled again at the grammatical correction, but again she was ignored. She turned her shielded eyes to Zaiyu who was still donning his own bio-mask. Before she could plead her case to the shortest of the three males, O'kaor spoke again. "T'ahrou, would you be opposed?"

"Do not drag me into your mess, O'kaor. You know where my loyalties lie." Dhadtoudi gave a proud huff as she held her head high and folded her arms over her chest.

O'kaor scoffed as he threw his head from one side to the other, his tresses arching with the movement. "You betray your bloodline, T'ahrou."

"By doing so, I am protecting it." A rumbling chuckle erupted from Zaiyu's chest which earned a swift punch to the arm from Dhadtoudi. "Regardless, I refuse to participate in this decision."

----------------------------------------------------

Brielle stood in the center of the room for several minutes, taking in her new surroundings

Brielle stood in the center of the room for several minutes, taking in her new surroundings. The setup was strangely similar to how a living room would appear in a human home, though some of the apparent decorations were more primitive in nature; various skins, furs, and bones covered the walls, floors, and furniture. She noticed what appeared to be a somewhat large kitchen area with an island off to the right, and a hallway straight ahead.

Much of the area was the now-familiar dark grey metal, and the room smelled like a mix of fruit and flowers. No, not flowers... she thought. Possibly body odor...no, it isn't pungent. Her thoughts trailed off and she moved to sit on what appeared to be a large sofa made of jet black reptilian hide. Despite the outward appearance, the piece of furniture (tall as it was) was surprisingly soft. The fabric caved as her body sank into it, and it felt pleasantly warm. Brielle swung her legs slightly, her feet dangling nearly a 15 inches above the ground. She continued to scope out her surroundings but jumped slightly when she heard a demonic sound echoing from the other side of the doorway. Laughing...just laughing. She fought to stabilize her heartrate and leaned back into the supportive cushion of the alien-sized sofa. Her stomach growled disturbingly loud, and she placed a hand over her abdomen as if the motion would somehow muffle the sound.

Several minutes passed before the whooshing sound of the entrance caught her attention and she turned to peek over the top of her current vantage point. Dhadtoudi looked around before her eye shields found the human and her body visibly tensed. "Sorry, but I didn't know how long it would be until someone came back." The female inhaled deeply and slowly turned her masked gaze to the right until she was looking up at Ghost. "Was I not supposed to sit here? I know some people like to reserve furniture for aesthetic purposes only..."

Dhadtoudi bristled again before stepping forward, grabbing the female by the arm, and pulled her off of the sofa before dragging her down the hallway with lackluster grace. The female ignored the human's verbal protests and questioning as she stopped at the end of the hallway and turned to the right before she pressed a holographic control on the side of the wall. Another door whooshed to the side and Dhadtoudi more or less pushed Brielle inside the room before the door sealed shut behind them.

"Remove your clothing." Brielle turned in shock to the slightly larger female, her grey eyes burning with defiance.

"Excuse you?!" she exclaimed.

"Your clothing. Remove it."

"You first, pervert!"

Dhadtoudi clenched her fists at her sides and Brielle could hear the tension in her voice as she spoke. "You are dirty."

"Yeah, but that's not my kink. Sorry to disappoint." Dhadtoudi lifted a hand and pointed behind Brielle, who ignored her better judgement and turn to look behind her. She was surprised to see a small oasis pool with various plants around the edge and some sort of mutated lily pads floating in the deeper end of the water. "So you expect me to get into that?" The female nodded and Brielle scoffed softly as she crossed her arms over her chest. "How do I know it's not filled with acid?"

"You do not trust me?"

"Not until I have proof that I won't die I get in." After a long, awkwardly tense moment between them, Brielle was surprised to see Dhadtoudi begin to disconnect her various pieces of armor and weaponry before discarding them to the floor below. She removed a belt of small skulls from about her waist and hips and placed it with her discarded items as well. She reached behind her neck and a sharp snap echoed through the room before she lowered the top half of her fishnet body suit and slipped her arms out. She unlatched the metallic loincloth and let it fall to the floor before she stepped the rest of the way out of the bodysuit. Brielle blushes heavily as she struggled to keep her grey eyes focused on the silver eye shields of the mask.

Dhadtoudi was standing before her, dressed in nothing but her bio-mask and what appeared to be a small, black thong. Surprisingly enough her body seemed rather similar to that of a human woman. Her torso and hips were formed to a nearly perfect hourglass shape, large perky breasts sat firmly atop her chest, and an outward bellybutton adorned her muscular abdomen. She had no spikes as the males did, and no freckle-like spots. Her skin seemed to be a blank, mocha-colored canvas as she stepped past Brielle and walked slowly down the steps that led into the water. She waved to the right-hand side and sat on what appeared to be a ledge before draping her dreadlocks over the side to keep them out of the water and silently watched the human for several seconds.

"Okay...you called my bluff." Dhadtoudi remained silent as Brielle turned to face away from the female and gently tugged her white tank top over her head before unsnapping the strap of her white lace bralette and let it fall to the floor. She did the same with her black shorts and white lace underwear that had a small red bow just above her pubic bone. She slipped off her shoes and socks and covered herself with her hands as best she could before she too slowly stepped into the water and moved to sit opposite from Dhadtoudi. "So...come here often?"

"This is my dwelling. Why would I avoid this area?" Her tone was flat, obviously not believing the joke was worthy of her amusement.

"So you live here? It's a nice place. Do you live with anyone?"

"Why do you ask, Ooman?" Again her tone was flat, this time holding a trace of annoyance.

"Humans are a curious species."

Dhadtoudi clicked sharply before leaning back against the side of the pool. "Zaiyu. T'ahrou."

"Both?" Dhadtoudi nodded once, and Brielle hummed thoughtfully. "Your kind is open to polygamy?"

"What is that?"

"When you...I guess breed...with more than one person?"

Dhadtoudi sat upright faster than Brielle would have thought possible. "Yautja mate for life. To commit such an act is dishonorable."

"So you don't mate with two suitors for life..?"

"One mate..!" Dhadtoudi's voice took on an angry defiance now.

"Then which one is your mate?"

"T'ahrou..!"

"Oh...then who is Zaiyu?"

"Mei'hswei." She must have noticed Brielle's confused expression and gave a heavy sigh. "We were reared together."

"Reared..? You mean you were raised together? You're siblings?" Dhadtoudi clicked softly before returning to her relaxed position, and Brielle hummed again. "So no incest, then?" A low growl was her answer. "Are you just going to stay in here with me the entire time?"

"It is my dwelling. It is my water. I will go when I am satisfied."