Chapter Forty

Brielle had been training with the Yautja for what felt to be several weeks when T'ahrou and O'kaor had been called to escort a group of Young Bloods on a training hunt which left Dhadtoudi and Brielle with Zaiyu for several days. The time was spent with the small male was used to train and rebuild Brielle's stamina and muscle mass. Many a night she sat in the oasis pool for several hours, unable to get up because the pain in her right leg was so unbearable.

Zaiyu would bark short commands at her from time to time if her form or timing were off, and failure to deliver a "proper" attack would earn herself a firm smack to the back of her head. It didn't hurt so much as stun the woman, but it really pissed her off. At one point she turned to strike back at the male, and she was quick to regret it. Zaiyu has thrown her around for several minutes before finally growing bored of the reprimand and shoved her to the ground before he walked away. She didn't know what he was clicking about, but the smaller woman was able to pick out the words which roughly translated to "dumb bitch". Dhadtoudi said nothing of this encounter.

Once O'kaor and T'ahrou returned, the younger of the two was quick to question why the former scientist was covered in cuts, bruises, and scars. "Your little pyode-amedha is feisty, O'kaor. She's nearly to the point where she will be able to challenge my brother and actually put up a fight." O'kaor's amber eyes widened in shock and disbelief, earning a chuckle from the dominant female. "You would be surprised by what we can accomplish when we are pushed."

"Hey Ghost! I've got a bone to pick with you!" He turned his attention to the approaching female who was dressed in nothing more than a thin piece of fabric covering her chest, and arms, and something that Dhadtoudi had referred to as a "thong". "I'm sick of being cooped up in this house! I want to go on a hunt with you!"

"You are not ready, Brielle Ronaldi. You must train."

"I've been training day and night since you left to go to your little frat boy sausage party! I'm perfectly capable! Let's go!"

O'kaor turned his gaze back to the amused expression that was plastered on Dhadtoudi's features. "It would seem that one of our developments is an inflated ego."

"I could have told you that..." Dhadtoudi hissed at her mates playful statement, but O'kaor shook his head as he ignored their squabble.

"You are not ready."

"Why not?!"

"You will not survive. You are still too weak." The look in Brielle's grey eyes signaled that something may have just snapped inside her mind, and Dhadtoudi made a strange human sound before moving from her position alongside O'kaor to sit behind Brielle.

"You've done it now, Young Blood." He could hear the amusement in her voice, but her expression was one that she often made when T'ahrou or Zaiyu ran their mouths too much.

"Fight me."

O'kaor looked at the small female in confusion, his head tilting to the side as his dreads fell around his shoulders. "What did you say, female?"

"I said, 'fight me'. Come at me, bro!"

"You would be wise to think before you speak..!" His tone was deep and threatening, but the human didn't waver.

"I know what the fuck I'm doing! So either fight me or sit down and shut up! You don't speak for me, and you sure as hell don't get to say that I'm weak when you haven't even been around to see my progress!"

T'ahrou moved to spectate alongside Zaiyu in the kitchenette area, an action that earned a look of betrayal from his cousin. "Sorry O'kaor...I don't know what your little squishy is saying, but I know when mine sounds like that, it's time to step back."

"You betray your bloodline, T'ahrou." The larger male clicked in amusement as his younger relative as the smaller of the two offered his combistick out to the human. Her nose crinkled as she refused the weapon, and her opponent placed the weapon back in its rightful place on his utility belt. "Very well, Ooman. Show me your progress."