Chapter Fifty

"Tell me you didn't sleep with that thing, Ronaldi..!"

"Of course not, Jennings. I might be a little fucked up in the head, but I'm not desperate." The man chuckled as he prepped an abundance of surgical items on a tray. "So what are those for?"

"Doc Martin wants to lobotomize the female and see what the hell they did to her reproductive system."

"What are you talking about?"

Jennings laughed now; it sounded more disgusted than amused. "The whole thing is ten kinds of fucked up. The ovaries, Fallopian tubes, uterus, all of it. It's not right. It looks like some kind of supernatural disease from a comic book." He looked at the woman from the corner of his eye. "They didn't mess with you, did they?"

Brielle shook her head. "No, not that I remember. You're sure it's not just a bad case of endometriosis?"

"It's definitely not that. It's nothing anyone has ever seen before...at least not anyone on earth. But one thing we know for sure is that her baby factory has a lot of aesthetic similarities with everything that we pulled out of the smallest male."

"Zaiyu." She corrected.

"The fuck's a Zaiyu?"
########
Brielle stepped into Dhadtoudi's room with four armed guards standing behind her. The tray of food was still in the center of the room and the taller woman's hands were still bound above her head, her body dangling above the floor. "You're stubborn, Dhadtoudi. I'll give you that much." She looked at the watch that adorned her wrist and clicked her tongue. "It's been two days...you can only go so long before you die of dehydration."

Still the captive showed no signs of life and Brielle motioned for the guard to check it out. They approached rather casually, the smallest of the group reaching up to check the woman's pulse. Just as his fingers made contact with the spot on Dhadtoudi's neck, she lashed out with her teeth and completely detached two fingers from the man's hand.

He jumped back, screaming and bleeding as he clutched his injured limb. Dhadtoudi licked a streak of blood from her lips as she smiled, the crimson substance dripping from a few of her once-pearly teeth.

The other men lifted the barrels of their rifles to aim at Dhadtoudi as Brielle called for backup. Dhadtoudi kicked out and wrapped her legs around the neck of the closest guard and within a moment a sickening SNAP echoed through the room as his life was suddenly extinguished. Another was taken aback when Dhadtoudi used her toes to pull a knife from her most recent victims corpse, and effortlessly raised her leg to where she could place the weapon in her hand and began to sever her bonds.

"Don't make one more move!" Dhadtoudi halted her escape as she glanced over her shoulder at the remaining guard and gave an innocent smile.

"If you insist." She released the hilt of the knife and as it fell she maneuvered her right hand in such a way that every joint from her wrist to her finger tips slipped out of socket and she was able to remove her hand from the rope. Within a moment she caught the knife mid-air and launched it at the survivor, the blade finding purchase between the man's eyes. "That was more than one."

Dhadtoudi used her free hand to grasp the higher parts of the rope and pull herself up until there was enough slack to free her left as well. She fell to the ground with a heavy thud before she staggered, her legs no longer accustomed to supporting her weight.

Once she found her balance again Dhadtoudi rolled her head side to side to pop her neck and stretched her shoulders before tenderly massaging her sore wrists.

"How the hell did you do that?"

Dhadtoudi looked at Brielle with a smug grin, bright red blood still covering her lips and running down her neck. "I am just that good."

It was at this moment that a group of about ten guards rushed into the room with weapons drawn. "Don't kill her yet," Brielle announced to her lackeys, "Doc Martin wants her to be in relatively decent health when she arrives for her...procedure."
########
O'kaor had been trying to concoct some way to escape as he was sure T'ahrou was doing as well. From his observation, there was no clear way out of the containment systems, but if this facility was anything like the last, the humans would have to open them at some point in order to run tests on the Yautja.

The sound of a scuffle near the room's entrance pulled their attention to that area and before long heavy footfalls could be heard racing down the corridor. "Get a hold of her! Get her on the ground!" The voice belonged to a man, but soon his words blended with the indiscernible shouts of other facility members.

A loud, angry scream filled the area now. T'ahrou perked up at the sound and was beating against the wall of the containment system as the screams persisted. She cursed them as the struggle continued. "Hit her with the Haldol! We need to get her to Martin's lab!"

The transparent walls shook under the force of T'ahrou's massive fist though they held true. Gunshots rang out and a thick, red substance began to leak beneath the doorway as everything on the other side fell silent. T'ahrou let loose a bellowing roar as he began to kick the walls of his would-be prison cell as hard as his body would physically allow.

The door slid open to reveal a woman with long brown hair holding a rifle in her hand. "Will you shut the hell up already?"