Chapter Twenty-Five

O'kaor and T'ahrou kept Brielle between them as they made their way through the bustling streets of the Yautja colony. She was wearing garments similar to spandex shorts and a halter sports bra; two items that T'ahrou had provided from Dhadtoudi's wardrobe. Despite her ability to fit the female's clothing, though it was a bit loose on her body, there was no way of forcing a bio-mask to attach to her face. Each mask is custom made for a perfect fit to the owner. No two were the same, and there was no time to forge one for the human.

Because of her highly unusual visage compared to the native Yautja, many of the warrior race would stop to try to get a better look at the odd creature walking among them. If they lingered for too long or clicked something that the larger males did not seemingly agree with, they would send the snoopers away with a threatening growl. Brielle walked as swiftly as she could manage, her bare feet stinging against the hot ground below. The humidity was excruciating as it made it more difficult to breathe normally, especially with the strenuous work of keeping pace with these massive creatures around her.

"How...much farther?" She panted as she blurted out the question. "I...don't want...you guys getting...worn out...before we get there."

T'ahrou trilled a series of clicks and O'kaor responded with something that resembled a groan followed by his own clicking sounds. "You cannot stop to breathe when you are in an exposed area, Brielle Ronaldi."

"That's...not what I'm saying, Ghost. I'm fine, I'm worried about the two of you." They did not respond to her comment as they continued on their trek towards a large, metallic building that somewhat resembled an ancient Mayan temple, or Egyptian pyramid. "What...is...that?!"

"Kehrite."

"Ah...so...you copied human structures for your buildings. That's trippy."

"Yautja ancestors shared our methods with pyode-amedha. We learned nothing from your kind, with the exception that you make excellent incubation vessels for kiande-amedha."

"That's...that's the thing you blew up the facility over, right?" He nodded once. "Oh...that's...not a pleasant thought." She pondered for a minute before looking up at O'kaor once more. "If I lose...I don't die by kiddie amdah, do I?"

"You are pyode-amedha. I do not see why the clan would allow you special privilege if you fail." Brielle choked down a gulp and tried to ignore the bone-chilling thought of the eyeless creatures growing inside her body.
------------------------------------------------------
The rest of the walk had been spent in silence between the three beings, and Brielle couldn't help but be awestruck at the massive size and expansive battle paraphernalia throughout the temple. She followed closely behind O'kaor and T'ahrou as they maneuvered through countless winding hallways and passages. Starting out, they only passed a handful of Yautja at a time, but it seemed the closer they got to the heart of the structure, the more warriors they saw. A dull humming sound reached Brielle's ears and within minutes the sound grew to a loud cacophony of growling.

Brielle was taken to a large, secluded room which was filled with a plethora of weapons. Everything from swords and knives to shuriken blades and plasma blasters lined the walls. "What is this?" The woman asked. T'ahrou and O'kaor shared in a brief exchange of clicks before the smaller of the two stepped forward and retreived what appeared to be a katana of sorts and held it toward the female.

"Young Bloods use these to build experience before the chiva." Brielle nodded in an attempt to act as though she understood perfectly what he was telling her.

What the fuck is a chiva..?

She was pulled from her thoughts as O'kaor again motioned for her to accept the Japanese-styled sword, and she did just that, albeit with a bit of confusion. "What's this for?"

"You must use it against Dhadtoudi."

"Excuse you?" He didn't react to her incredulous tone, and she risked a glance at T'ahrou. "Is he serious?"

"T'ahrou does not understand the Ooman tongue."

"Of course he doesn't..." she rolled her eyes and looked down at the sword in her hand. "So you weren't kidding when you said this is a fight to the death?"

"You believe I would speak a false truth?" Before she could answer, Ghost unsheathed his gauntlet blades and sliced through the air at an uncomfortable proximity to Brielle's face. She lurched backward with lackluster grace and fought to catch her balance. He struck again, this time narrowly missing her stomach. "Fight back, Ooman..!" He swiped again, nearly slicing her throat.

Brielle staggered back several feet before falling to the ground and nearly dropping the sword. "What are you doing?! GHOST?!" Another swing was aimed right for her jugular.