Chapter Twenty Four

Brielle and Dhadtoudi has been at each other's throats since the early morning hours, and to say the males were growing weary of the incessant squabbling would be a painful understatement.

"Why must you be so frustrating?!"

"Well, why do you have to be such a raging bitch?!" Zaiyu had created some lackluster reason to leave the dwelling, so T'ahrou and O'kaor were left to fend for themselves in the heated tempers of the females. "I don't know how anyone can stand to live with you!"

"You dare disrespect a Blooded Warrior?! Know this, Ooman: the punishment for such stupidity is death!"

"Then why don't you do it already?! You threaten it often enough!"

Dhadtoudi took a dangerous step forward, and Brielle reacted with a step backward. O'kaor stood in the 'eating area' as they referred to it, along with T'ahrou and simply watched the goings on between the smaller beings. "Is Dhadtoudi in heat..?" He mumbled the question to which T'ahrou responded with a slight shake of the head.

"If she were, you would know."

"Then how are they both so aggressive..?"

The larger of the two shrugged now, still keeping his amber eyes trained on the bickering females. "Perhaps it is caused by female hormones...a territorial reaction and fight for dominance."

"Do you think it will actually come to blows between them?"

"It is likely. What are they saying?"

"Just petty insults. Nothing too worrisome yet." T'ahrou hummed thoughtfully as he carefully watched Dhadtoudi's movements, waiting for any sign that she might attack.

The two watched for several more minutes before they were forced to intervene. "You're such a twat!!" Brielle was pacing side to side now, her cheeks flushed red with anger. "Are your parents as big of assholes as you, or did they just not raise you right?"

"WHAT?!" Dhadtoudi's body visibly tensed at the remark, and the male's began to approach the situation. Just as they took their first steps, Dhadtoudi lunged for the human who mirrored her reaction. T'ahrou managed to catch Dhadtoudi by the waist as O'kaor grabbed Brielle and placed her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "You insult my bloodline, Ooman?! Release her! I will hang her by her entrails! Right here! Right now! Paya, let go of me, T'ahrou..!" She struggled against the behemoth Yautja to no avail.

"Dhadtoudi, she doesn't know any better..." O'kaor used a level tone with the struggling female as he slowly eased toward the exit with his own.

"I SAID RELEASE HER! THIS ENDS NOW!"

"What the hell did she say?!" T'ahrou began to struggle with his captive, finally forced to pin her on the ground. He bent her arm in such a way that the shoulder joint should have dislocated, but there was no sickening pop. Instead, she twisted her hand just so and began to scrape and claw against his bare chest and abdomen. "Dhadtoudi, calm yourself!"

"Kehrite! Now!" The two males fell silent though T'ahrou still restrained the masked female beneath his large form.

"What did that twat-waffle say?! Tell me what she said!" Brielle was now struggling to break free from her elevated position, but O'kaor didn't seem to even notice her. "I swear to God, I'm going to kick her fugly alien face in!"

Dhadtoudi managed to connect the back of her skull with T'ahrou's barely-noticeable nostrils, and he let loose a vicious, animalistic snarl in response to the sharp pain that was now radiating throughout his face. His reflexes kicked into high gear and he slammed Dhadtoudi against the metallic floor with a sickening CRACK as her mask connected with the hard ground. "YOU WILL CALM YOURSELF BEFORE I DO IT FOR YOU, FEMALE!"

"Ell-osde' pauk!" Another connection between her mask and the floor. "You will allow this Ooman to disrespect me, and reprimand me for defending my bloodline's honor?!"

"What honor does it bring your bloodline if you act like a senseless Bad Blood?!" Her struggles began to weaken, and in response T'ahrou eased his grip on her ever so slightly. "How can you expect the soft meat to respect our ways if you will not allow her time to learn them?" His tone was softer now, coming out as a soft blend of clicks and purring sounds.

"Get off of me, T'ahrou. I will not attack it." He didn't move. "I give you my word as a Blooded Warrior." Another moment passed before the male complied and lifted himself off of the female and she pushed herself to a standing position before carefully stretching and rotating her shoulder and wrist. She slowly moved past O'kaor and thus the human, and she stopped to look at Brielle from behind her eye shields. "You will meet me in the Kehrite. You have two hours to prepare."

With that said, Dhadtoudi made her way out of the dwelling and Brielle looked sideways at the male that still held her on his shoulder. "What's a carrot riot?"

"The Kehrite is where we go to train and fight."

"So she's going to run away and cry for two hours, and then go to the carrot riot so I can kick her ass? Or not even show up at all?"

"Dhadtoudi is known for many things, but she has never backed down from a battle."

"It's just a fight, Ghost. Like a schoolground rough-and-tumble."

O'kaor shook his head now, glancing sideways at the human with his amber eyes. "You insulted her bloodline; that is a direct attack on her honor. You threatened harm on a Blooded Warrior...that is a formal challenge. She is likely headed there now to wait for you. Be thankful that she is allowing you time for preparation."

"What's the worst that could happen? We get a few scrapes and bruises...maybe a few bone fractures? Please, I'm not worried." She laughed a little through the last sentence, but O'kaor did not reciprocate her amusement.

"You do not understand, Brielle Ronaldi. In a formal challenge with a Blooded Warrior, the battle is often fought to the death."

"What if one of us gives up before someone dies?"

"The warrior that yields will be marked as a disgrace to their ancestors, and the resulting punishment will be death."