Chapter Nineteen

It hadn't taken long for the human tagalong to fall asleep in her 'safe spot' on the floor, and Dhadtoudi retired to one of the bunk rooms in the back of the ship shortly after. T'ahrou and O'kaor were the only ones still moving about the spacecraft, and they watched the sweaty, exhausted scientist as her chest rose and fell with each breath. "I didn't think you would actually bring one back with you, O'kaor."

"Honestly, I didn't plan to." A soft snoring sound reached them; barely audible but definitely there. "Dhadtoudi seems pleased with the situation."

T'ahrou chuckled only once before turning his amber eyes to meet the gaze of O'kaor. "I thought she would literally kill you. I've never seen her this agitated."

"She wouldn't go that far, would she? That would make her the biggest hypocrite on the planet."

"Her experience with the Oomans was not a pleasant one. She has good reason to believe the way she does. She will not be sparing with yours." O'kaor nodded in understanding before turning his attention back to the human at hand. "Do not expect her to be kind to this one. Her patience already runs thin." Light footfalls were heard from the back of the ship and Dhadtoudi stepped into view donning only her bio-mask and black form-fitting undergarments. T'ahrou clicked in anticipation but was answered with a low growl from the female. She stepped to the larger male's side and sat on the floor by his feet, watching the sleeping human carefully from behind her eye shields. "Go wake her up."

"Can I do it with my dagger?" Another chuckle from T'ahrou. "I am not touching that thing. Have O'kaor do it, he's the one that brought it along."

"The deal was that I had to bring her back with me if she helped me break out of that damn lab."

"And you agreed?" O'kaor shook his head causing his tresses to arch through the air.

"No, but I never disagreed."

Dhadtoudi scoffed before leaning to rest her head against T'ahrou's thigh. "It needs to bathe. I can smell it with my mask on. It's keeping me awake...why can't we just shoot it out of an air lock?"

"No." Dhadtoudi scoffed again at the smaller male's retort. "She is a warrior among their people."

"They have no warriors, only psychotic occultists."

"Will you ever let that go?"

The female thought for a moment before turning her gaze to the slightly smaller, slumbering female. "I will let it go when you end this one's miserable excuse for a life."
———————————————————————
Brielle woke to the sharp feeling of something jabbing into her ribcage, and she opened her grey eyes to see O'kaor standing over her. She blinked a few times before leaning up and propping her elbows beneath herself to support her torso. The woman looked around at the ship and hummed thoughtfully. "I thought I was dreaming all of this..." He kicked her lightly with his foot once more and she glared up at the male. "Excuse you..!"

"Come."

"Where to, exactly?" A trill of clicks left his throat as he watched her, and once he realized she would not leave her position on the metallic floor, he kicked her again. "Jesus Christ, FINE! I'm coming!" She pushed herself to her feet and noticed the other female standing near the cargo ramp with Brielle's assault rifle in-hand. "How did you get that? Return it now!"

"You do not make demands here, Ooman." She pressed the control which lowered the ramp and turned to walk down the object with T'ahrou at her side. O'kaor nudged Brielle forward and she approached the exit as the two leaders made their way down. She too walked down the ramp, her grey eyes darting around the massive room. Everything from the floors to the ceiling was made of the same dark silver metal as the ship they had traveled in, and it was filled with bustling creatures that closely resembled T'ahrou and O'kaor. "Hey Ghost...are we where I think we are..?" More clicks were her answer, and a creature nearby that was carrying a metallic box glanced at her before returning their amber eyes to their path and quickly did a double-take as they stared intently at the human. Their eyes seemed to be filled with confusion as they watched her move with the group, and within moments she had dozens of eyes staring her down.

A deafening roar filled the area as a large male rivaling the size of T'ahrou dropped some sort of tool from his position under a spacecraft, and he stormed towards the newly arrived travelers. He stepped across the enormous room within seconds and stopped mere inches from Dhadtoudi's diminished form. He let loose a dangerous growl which she quickly returned as she bowed up to the male, the top of her head only reaching the middle of his chest.

T'ahrou stepped between them now, but Dhadtoudi pushed him aside as she returned to her position before the threatening creature. He was dressed in a metal chestplate, a gauntlet on his right forearm, and a metallic loincloth. Boots similar to those of T'ahrou and Ghost adorned his feet and muscular calves.

"Ghost, what's going on?" Brielle whispered the question but dared not take her eyes from the beings that stood growling before her.

"He believes you are here on Dhadtoudi's request."

"But I'm not..."

"I know this. That is why they are discussing who will kill you."