Chapter 3

Julia woke up the following morning, she turned but found that Alexander was not at home and saw that the side of his bed was still intact.

She knew that he had not come home and had not called to tell her that he would be working late or won't be able to come in the morning.

She showered and got dressed, now she sat by the garden at noon, and still no sign of Alexander. Julia occupied herself with reading and taking in the breeze.

Night-time came and there was no sign of Alexander anywhere? She began to wonder if he was alright?

She wanted to ask the workers but couldn't, and the other people she could think of. Julia could not ask as that would jeopardize the deal and reveal that they were not getting along and all of this was fake.

Days passed along and Alexander had been gone for a week and no word from him, she acted as if she knew where he was.

Yet Julia knew that they were all sceptical and some of them looked at her with pity in their eyes, and she could not blame them.

Julia sat in the dining room and supper was served, she turned her head when she heard voices.

They emerged and Julia's heart dropped, it was Alexander, and next to him was a beautiful woman, with luscious blonde hair, and green eyes.

They both looked at her, and he pulled back the chair for her as she sat down, Alexander sat opposite her, and she was at the head of the table.

They were both close to her and her heart was beating fast,

"Ava this is Julia, Julia this is Ava."

Ava turned to her, "Nice to meet you, Julia."

The smile that she had plastered was also welcoming,

"Nice to meet you too."

"I know this wasn't planned for," Ava replied.

"What isn't?"

"Me coming over."

"Oh......."

"I would personally not have, but Alexander dragged me here."

"You don't have to explain yourself to her." Alexander cut in.

Julia had known immediately this was the girl that he had wanted to marry that is why he was so upset with her.

She seemed sweet but could hear the venom in her words and the gloating in her tone, and knew that she was making a statement.

A statement that she knew so well, that she was the most important woman in his life, and probably true in the way Alexander spoke to her.

Julia turned to Alexander, "Busy week at work?"

"Why do you care?"

"Don't be like that, she is just curious as to where you were." Ava cut in and Julia knew that she was enjoying it.

"I'm your wife, I deserve to know your whereabouts." Julia had hit back and could see through her peripheral view that she had struck a nerve with Ava, she had stiffened and rage was oozing from her.

"I was at work, happy now?" Alexander responded to her sarcastically.

Julia nodded, and the conversation flowed between him and Ava, it was as if she was invincible and no one paid mind to her.

She had enough, so Julia got up without saying a word and headed for the kitchen, she knew that the workers would have taken the plates but she preferred to do it herself.

She went to their room and changed into her nightgown, and prepared to go to bed, she sat on the bed and started to replay the dinner.

To top it off, she had left them alone, and who knows what they would be talking about now? They had not even noticed that she has gotten up.

She switched off the lights, and switched on her side lamp, her mind churned, Alexander had bought Ava here for some reason.

He wanted her to know that this was the woman that he loved and she was just an outsider, and Ava also knew that.

That was why she was bold and did not care that she was his wife and that she had to act accordingly.

What was going to happen now that he had bought Ava here? She did not know what his next step would be.

Did he not care about the workers seeing them or they probably thought it was work-related or maybe a family member?

What did all that matter? If rumors got out, there was nothing she could do in her power that could make them disappear.

Julia knew that she had played her part well and all would be on Alexander. The door to the room opened and she was surprised that it was Alexander.....

Please, if you want early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava

If you can't manage to, don't worry there will updates here :)