Chapter 37

He opened the door for her, and they went inside, their table was by a rooftop secluded area.

"You like?"

"It's beautiful."

They ordered some food and champagne,

"What is your favorite color?"

She observed that he was puzzled by her question.

"Sapphire."

"I'm just trying to learn the basics about you."

The conversation went on and Julia loved the way Alexander was talking about himself, and she spoke so much.

Julia could not help but blush, yet Alexander was calm and poised. His eyes made her squirm, they had so much intensity in them.

"How did you find out you were marrying me?"

"My father called me in and he told me that I had to marry you."

He nodded, "Carry on."

"I was so shocked, and I began to panic, and I thought this was a bad dream. The following morning I was called back in, and I was told that it would be in a couple of days. That is when I began panicking a lot, I got up, refused, and ran out. I came back, and I was called in again."

She sighed, "My father told me the reason and that it was the only way to save our family, and that I would also live a better life. I finally gave in and that made them so happy and proud."

She shook her head, "I went out again to a deserted park where no one went there. I yelled so much that I lost my voice. I swung back and forth."

"Night time came, and I was losing courage once more, and I couldn't do it once more. I packed a small bag, snuck out, and ran for my life."

"Obviously I stopped, what was my game plan? I had no money, no food. It was very cold and the thought that my parents needed me. I headed back and tucked myself in bed, I struggled to sleep."

"Of course, I was very hurt because why couldn't my parents think about me? What I wanted? My dreams? I felt betrayed. Then the fear of marrying someone I didn't know at all."

She rolled her eyes. "You did not disappoint me, Alexander. You were everything I thought you would be, mean, angry, and all that."

"Are you still mad at me?" Alexander asked.

"No, I'm not."

"That's great because I'm not about to change myself all that much. When you're older, you will realize."

"I don't need you to change, just be kinder."

"I can do that."

"So tell me your side of the story."

"Well, of course, my father told me and I could not believe it either. My parents knew about Ava and just as you said, they did not care about me or the woman I loved for all these years. Anger was the main thing that got to me."

He shook his head. "I started resenting your family, and I was shocked that they were willing to give their daughter to a complete stranger. I got furious at the thought that I had to act and Ava would be my mistress and I at times couldn't sleep next to her."

"The first time I saw you, I was very furious. I had come back from Ava and I had been drinking as she soothed me by telling me that she would not go anywhere and this was only temporary."

"The day after our marriage when I found you in the garden, I could not lie to myself with your looks. You're a rare gem, and it dawned on me that there was no way you could not have a boyfriend."

"Yet the more I watched you, the more I could tell that you had not had a man before. That is why I asked for your age. When you turned away, that is when I knew that you were a virgin, and you were very innocent."

"When we went to the gala, I was stunned and, of course, everyone was stunned by your beauty. I could tell that you did not realize how much power your beauty held."

"As I spoke to Ava, I was still aware of our surroundings, as I knew when you had scooted out of view, but I did pay attention."

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava