Chapter 5

Julia sat in the car and stared at the night sky, the moon was bright and it was calling out to her.

"Julia?"

She turned to Alexander, and realized that the partition had been rolled up, "Yes?"

"Are you quiet because you're nervous?"

"No, I was just thinking about something."

"Don't forget the roles that we have to play tonight, they are very important people so we have to act accordingly."

She nodded, "Anything else?"

"No."

She turned and stared out the window once more, they arrived at the gala, and Alexander went out, opened the door for her, and held out his hand.

She took it and climbed out of the car, and he put his hand on her small back as they walked in, everyone's eyes were on them.

After greeting a few people they went to their table, he opened a chair for her and sat down, Alexander sat down next to her.

The waiter bought some champagne, and she grabbed a glass. Everyone began to get seated at the round tables.

Julia was shocked to see Ava sitting across them, Alexander smiled at her and she knew that they were having their moment.

The other guests at their table sat down, at their table, and Julia could see that Alexander was still staring at Ava, and she too was returning the gaze.

There was no point in her being in the frame too, she did not want to be embarrassed if someone caught on.

She lightly and subtly scooted her chair over quietly so she could be out of the frame of Alexander and his lover.

Julia gasped a bit in surprise when Alexander put his hand beneath her chair and pulled her over to him.

She was stark next to him, and he wrapped his left hand just beneath her breasts and his other hand he took her hand in his and kissed her knuckles.

He let go of her hand and instead placed his hand on her neck, pulled her in so his mouth was on her hair by her ear.

"Behave and do your fucking part."

Julia lifted her hand to his neck, "Says you making it obvious with your lover, first work on yourself before you come for me." She too whispered.

Then she leaned back and gave him a sweet smile, the speeches began and Julia was trying her hardest to focus but she kept on zoning out.

Even though the lights were dimmed, she could see that Ava and Alexander were stealing glances and knew that Ava knew she was watching them as she had a bit of smugness etched on her face.

Julia kept on getting more champagne, she was lucky that the presentation was going on and the dim lights were in her favor.

Everyone laughed and she joined in, and took another glass of champagne, as she was about to sip from it, Alexander took it and set it down.

He leaned in, "I think you have had enough now."

Julia smiled, and nodded, time went by and she was out of it until Alexander was standing and holding out his hand to her.

She took it and he led her to the dance floor, he held her very tightly, the alcohol, music, and being in his arms was intoxicating.

She looked at him and he stared down at her, Julia loved his scent, and not knowing what she was thinking she stood on her tiptoes and kissed him.

Alexander kissed her back a bit and pulled her away from him as he smiled, and rubbed off the lipstick on his mouth.

They carried on dancing and when the song was done, Alexander went to Ava and asked her to dance.

Julia needed some fresh air, so she took the champagne bottle and went outside, she sat down by the garden bench.

"I guess I'm not the only one fed up."

Julia turned and next to her, a girl plummeted on the bench.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava :) See you in the next chapter :)