Chapter 38

Tonight was the gala. She and Blake were texting the entire time. When she was done, Alexander was too.

He scanned her body, "You look lovely."

"Okay, let's go."

They got to the gala and his hand was on her small back as they headed to their table. "Wait, I will be there."

Alexander nodded and met Blake. "Changed man, I see."

They both laughed, "As if."

"Give it time and you will see how it will go."

She sighed, "A part of me does, and the oth................."

"Oh, shit!"

"What?"

"Turn around."

Julia did that and her heart dropped. Alexander was leaning forward and was talking to Ava. Of course, she was a clown.

"Well, I got my answer."

The event was about to start, and Julia asked for more champagne. She nearly had chugged it down.

"We will talk after this."

"Thanks, Lake. What would I do without you?"

She took a wineglass from the server, Julia got to the table, and Alexander did not even notice her. She pulled out her chair and sat down.

"For the lovely lady."

She looked across the table.

"Leo how are you here?" as she took the rose that he held out for her.

He grinned. "I have my ways."

"And what are those?"

"I will tell you when the right time comes."

"Not you acting mysterious."

"Who is this?" Alexander barged into their conversation.

"Oh, Leo, this is my husband Alexander, and Alexander, this is my friend Leo."

They shook hands, but why did it seem as if they were glaring at one another? No, it must be the alcohol that was making her see things.

Alexander leaned in. "Who is he really?"

"A really great friend."

Starters arrived, and everyone ate. As the opening speeches began, the lights were dimmed, and she caught Leo's gaze, who winked at her.

Julia rolled her in eyes his direction, next thing Alexander's hand was around her and she looked at him in confusion.

What was he doing? This should not be a big deal but he was acting very strange

The lights came on, as the main meal was being served, wow the night felt very warm, it was too nice.

She ate and felt a dab on the side of her mouth. It was Alexander again. She leaned into him, "What are you doing?"

"Being your husband, is it wrong?"

"What is up with you? You're acting weird."

"What did I do?"

Julia sighed.

When the whole gala was done, Leo was next to her, asking her to dance. When she was about to take his hand, Alexander stood up.

"It's only appropriate for her to offer the first dance to her husband."

"You can dance with Ava," Julia replied.

He leaned in and whispered for only her to hear "My love people are watching."

Julia came back to her senses, turned to Leo."We can dance Later."

"Fine, I will let you save me the last dance."

"It would be a pleasure."

She took Alexander's hand, and he led her to the dance floor. He wrapped his one hand around her waist and the other held her hand.

He was holding her so tightly that they could not even get any closer if they wanted to.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava