Chapter 4

He groaned and did not say a word as he began taking off his clothes and he was not going to the bathroom.

She turned away quickly and covered her face with the book that she was reading so that she could not see him.

"You can put your book down, I'm done."

She did and saw that he was wearing briefs only, the color rose to her cheeks,

"You're blushing, and you turn away when your husband is getting undressed, and you think this marriage would have worked."

"Should you not undress only in front of Ava."

"Doesn't mean I change in front of you, that I want to have sex. I don't care if you see me naked, it's not a big deal."

"Would Ava be okay with that?"

"Good, you caught on quick."

Julia knew that he meant that he and Ava were in a relationship.

"You could have let me know that you weren't coming home for a week."

"Now I have to check in with you? You do know that this is a fake marriage."

"I know that Alexander, you don't let me forget do you?"

"Why must I?"

"I just want to know your whereabouts so that I have an excuse if anyone asked!"

Alexander nodded, "Fine we will have an alibi."

Julia nodded, and Alexander climbed into bed, she was hot all over, she had never been in the same bed with a man and let alone now with an almost naked one at that.

"How old are you?"

She was surprised that Alexander had asked her, "Twenty-two."

"And you never have had sex nor even seen a guy half naked?"

"I have when we went swimming."

"Why are you still a virgin?"

"Um, I.....I don't have the desire to and I guess I don't have anyone."

"With your looks, I find it hard to think you would even struggle to get someone interested in you. You could just have to give a glance and they will all grovel on your feet."

"Thank you, but you are not interested in me."

Alexander sneered, "Because I already have someone so that is different."

"True."

"I didn't think you were the type to be so innocent, quite surprising."

"What do you plan on doing with Ava?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"As in, you're fake married to me, so how is it going to work?"

"Easy, I spend most of my time with her, and you and I just have to keep up a facade."

"But for how long?"

"I don't fucking know Julia, why are you pestering me for?"

"I was just asking because for me I don't have anyone."

"Do you have someone in mind that I'm blocking?"

"Not at all."

"Then there is no problem."

"True."

"Besides we are going to a gala next week, and you need to dress very accordingly, and mostly classy."

"Okay."

"Don't forget that you're representing me."

"I won't let you down."

Alexander turned to his side, and she switched off the lamp and lowered herself into the bed.

Julia heard that Alexander's breathing had deepened, he was asleep, yet she was up and thinking about Ava.

She kept on replaying the part where he said he had someone, and the way he talked about Ava was different.

Now she had to go and suffer hours at the gala, following Alexander like a headless chicken, she just had to endure.

The day of the gala came and Julia was fully dressed, her hair had waves, and she wore a long tight black dress, paired with long gloves on each hand, an emerald necklace, earrings to match, and to top it off a ring.

She also pinned emerald pins into her hair, and after make-up, she slipped on the heels on her feet. Julia had made sure to put a lot of work into her appearance.

Alexander came into the room, and he was already dressed, she knew that he was at Ava's and he came here so that they could go together.

"Let's...................."

She stood up and could see that he was taking in her appearance, she did not want it to be awkward, "I'm ready."

She picked up her clutch and they were on their way.

Early access to chapters if you want to read ahead on : www.patreon.com/taniashava :)