Chapter 14

She nodded, and when she saw the waiter, Julia motioned for him to come over, and he did. She got a glass, swirled it around, and took a sip.

Julia wondered if Blake was here yet. She looked around the room,

"Honey?"

She turned to Alexander and smiled but her tone was clipped, "What do you want now?"

"Who are you looking for?"

"Why does it matter to you?"

"I'm your..."

"Yes, yes I know, you would not know them anyway."

"Try me."

"Why are you so nosy tonight?"

"Fine so be it."

She could see that he had turned to Ava as they spoke across the table, and there Blake got in, and Julia motioned for her to come over.

They hugged and Blake sat next to her as the event had not started, Alexander didn't seem to bother or take away his eyes from Ava.

Julia scooted more closely to Blake, and leaned in to whisper in her ear, "This is her."

Blake nodded, and too leaned in, "She is pretty but you're gorgeous."

"Stop hyping me up."

"No really, do you see how you look like now? Everyone in the room is looking at you Julia."

"Irony how it's everyone else but this sob."

They both laughed and motioned for the waiter to bring some champagne, and they toasted and chugged it down.

They called over the waiter and told him to leave the bottle as they drank, "It's time to start."

One of the patrons said, and Blake began to go back to her seat, "Can't she sit here?"

"No mam, but there is a spare seat at her table."

"Okay, then I will go................"

"No, you're not," Alexander said in an ice-cold tone, not to mention his hand that was clasped onto her knee.

"I will see you later."

Blake smiled and headed over to her table, Julia and Blake kept on making secret gestures, and Julia came back when she felt Alexander touch her curls, she smiled at him.

He leaned in, "What a shame that the most wanted woman in here belongs to a man who does not want her."

He kissed to top of her head and pulled back, Julia was shocked that he had said that, he was taunting her, and just being an asshole.

Julia scooted next to Alexander, she put her hand on his neck, and he turned to her, she saw the warning in his eyes.

She did not care, he had the most desired woman, so she would give him just that, she pulled his neck down and planted a very aggressive kiss on him and he had no choice but to respond.

The light was dim but knew that if some were watching they would see, and when she pulled back she smiled at him sweetly.

That would teach him to not provoke her for no reason, the speech finished, and the minute that happened, everyone could mingle.

Julia could see that Alexander had his eyes on Ava, and Ava seemed to be seething with rage, she got up and went to Blake's table.

They asked for more champagne, "I saw that."

"He asked for it."

"How so?"

She told him what he had said to her,

"What an asshole."

"You don't have to tell me twice."

They laughed, "I'm done talking about him, and his mistress."

"Could you not divorce him."

Her eyes widened, "I said that, and he told me to try, and he was threatening me."

"Okay, so that is not going to work."

"So will you ever have a true lover?"

"I don't know Blake, but I might, I mean I do want someone like that, and clearly Alexander doesn't. I would have to keep it a secret like he does."

"We should work on that."

"Julia."

She focused deeply as she turned, the alcohol was doing its job.

"Dance with me."

Julia knew it was not up for negotiation, as Alexander took her hand, and they headed to the dance floor.

"Why would you do that?" Alexander went in on her.

She giggled,

"Do you think this is some sort of a joke?"

Julia did find it funny when she was drunk, everything was funny to her, "Yes, I do. My gosh, you are so serious, Grandpa."

Julia could see that he was confused, but had amusement, as if he wanted to actually laugh, but maybe it was the alcohol.

"How long are we going to dance for?"

"Four songs at least."

Her jaw dropped, "Don't you want to dance with Ava?"

"I do."

"So the sooner the better."

Alexander's hand tightened around her waist and was flush up against him.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava