Chapter 32

She began to be shocked and react to close calls. Julia could see with her peripheral view that Alexander was watching at times and laughed at her reactions.

She ignored it, anything that came from these two she would ignore. There was absolute trust.

Julia was glad that this had happened, at least she now knew how people could take advantage of your emotions.

There was a goal scored, and she stood up in celebration.

"You also love football?"

Julia did not respond.

"Just leave her be. She will carry on being childish." This time it was Ava and did not hide her venom.

When the match ended, she went to eat her dinner and decided to eat in the kitchen. She was sure that they would also follow her there.

Julia went back to their room, tonight she would sleep early. Tomorrow came and tonight she would not be going out, but Blake was coming over.

When she arrived, Julia led her to the garden and took some champagne. The day was beautiful.

"Tell me everything."

Julia told her everything that had happened,

"I think he might have feelings for you."

"I doubt it, he is just enjoying punishing me."

"I don't think so, if he was, he would not be acting concerned for you."

"Or he is feeling guilty about this cruel joke they made."

"And Ava?"

"She looked infuriated with him for talking to me and said I was childish."

"No, she is such a bitch, and he is full of shit."

They sipped on some champagne, and Alexander came with Ava, and Blake gave that look when they sat down.

Alexander glared at Blake. "So, this is the friend you go out with?"

Maybe if she was rude, they would leave. "Yes, and her name is Blake."

"Nice to meet you, Blake." Said Ava.

"Likewise."

"You are already drinking and it's in the afternoon." Said Alexander.

"So now there is a time frame on when we can drink."

"You know I don't mean that Julia, but............."

"Are you going to finish?"

"Why do I even bother?"

Julia turned to Blake, "Where were we?"

Blake gave her the eyes that were mischievous. "You are overthinking this double date."

"Where are you going?" Alexander cut in.

"Geez, do you have to interrupt us all the time?"

"Carry on Lake."

"What if it does work out?"

"I mean, you have a point."

"Besides, did you see how head over heels he is for you."

She laughed, "Really?"

"Yes, you would get us free drinks the whole night with your face."

"You can take my credit card. No need for you to get free drinks."

"Do you have to eavesdrop?"

"No way that I would not hear you two."

"You were the ones that came to us."

"I wanted to check in on you."

"Sure you did."

Julia and Blake stood up and took the champagne bottle, and they went to the deck.

They sat on the couches,

"Honestly, he has feelings for you, you just don't see it."

"No, he is just acting."

"I saw how he was looking at you when I was talking about the double dates. I think there might be something there."

"I doubt it, let's carry on, shall we?" She poured some more champagne.

Early access: www.patreon.com/taniashava