Chapter 2 | UA Exam

Today was the day of your UA exams. You were definitely lying if you'd say you weren't nervous. Honestly, there was no sleep the night before, just thinking of the many possible outcomes of what the exam would be like.

You were hoping it was something like rescuing people, but of course, I mean, it's UA that's never gonna happen.

Walking to Kanna's house, you were disappointed with having to wear your old schools uniform, but its not like they'll be happy with you waltzing in in your comfy clothes.

Arriving at your friend's house, you were surprised not seeing her at the door yet. Looking up at the windows, you saw her room was open. Dropping your bag beside you and pushing your arms up with a smirk, you jumped and used your quirk to easily turn into your cat form and land swiftly on the fence. This form you had mastered it basically felt like second skin, so climbing up towards Kanna's window was a piece of cake.

You could easily slide through the open window and see your friend hysterically pacing around her room. Smirking as she hasn't noticed you yet, you walk behind her carefully before jumping high in the air and shifting back to your normal human form with ease. "Good morning, Kanna!" Your friend screamed as she felt like she just got a heart attack and turned back with her hands in front, ready to use her quirk. You pulled your hands up and laughed as you saw your best friend with a face full of horror.

"GEEZE, (y/n) don't scare me like that!" She clutched her chest and let out a deep sigh, knowing she was not in danger of some monster attacking her in her room. "Sorry, Kanna, it was just too tempting." You said hands behind your back and a big smile on your face.

Kanna went back to putting stuff in her bag after she calmed down a bit. You could see she was being messy this meaning she was also nervous like you. "Should you be using your quirk before the exam like that, you have to save enough energy, right?" Waving your hand around in the air you answered, "My cat form almost doesn't use any energy at all, I could stay in it for hours." You brushed off like it was no big deal. You saw Kenna huffing a bit but smiling after, trusting you'd be alright.

A long walk to the big school you noticed more and more teenagers your age walking, like a big group was walking to the UA building. You finally saw it, the big towers and the huge fence in front of it, also having a lot of space around the school. You were sure you'd explore every piece of it. Kanna pushed your arm, grinning excitingly while you returned the gesture and jumped like an excited little kid, which you actually were.

The gates were definitely huge, but the buildings?? Geeze, how did they build this.

After a long wait, you were asked to make your writing exam. The students trying to get in were split in groups, and within the exam room, you had no way to cheat by looking at others as you had big wooden planks surrounding every table.

You honestly hoped that the writing exam was gonna give you the majority of the points to get in the school, as you were definitely not trusting the physical exam. You sucked at fighting and all that stuff, but you had to get in, so you gave it your all at the writing exam, hoping it'll give you enough.

Next, you were sitting in a big hall with a tribune, many seats for all the candidates. You were one of the first ones to finish the writing exam, so the other people were seen slowly coming in. You looked around not seeing your friend Kenna yet, so you set on laying back in your chair and waiting patiently for everyone, not that you could do anything else.

A few minutes passed, and you turned your head at a familiar short haired girl. "Kanna, over here!" You whisper screamed at her while waving your arms around slightly. She noticed you pretty quickly and practically ran over to you, dodging the many people in front of her. "(Y/n) I'm so nervous!" She whispered while sitting down on the seat next to you, "same." Nodding slightly, you turned around to face the front, "I forgot how much I dislike being in large groups, so many people together.." Kanna gently placed her hand on your shoulder, smiling with a thumb up, "dont worry, we'll be fine! And you are always such a laid-back type, calm down." You smiled slightly and thanked her, "thanks, but you also know how I suck at making new friends, I just know you since I was a child. it's too easy to be relaxed around you."