Chapter 13 | Costumes

We've been eating together, the four of us, ever since that 'accident' with my quirk. Well, I basically forced Amajiki to sit in the cafeteria with us. He felt unsure at first, but since Togata was there as well, it was fine.

Hado always seemed to buy something from the chef and then begged to try out our foods. She really wanted a taste of everything. If I had something new, she'd taste it.

We had to choose a class president, one that goes over all our stuff and decides for our class. I obviously just voted for someone else. No way I was gonna be a class president. I first asked before actually voting on Hado, I didn't want her to do something that had to be forced.

She absolutely loved that I wanted to vote for her. Apparently, she was super excited to have the role. Unfortunately, there was some other popular kid that had a vote more than Hado. Most students voted on themselves, but there was one guy who had 4 votes.

I just shrugged it off since it wasn't important to me. The best thing was what was gonna happen today. We already had quite a bit of days of school and some cool fighting and quirk training these few days. Today, Miss Kayama announced we'd go to the USJ, the Unforseen Simulation Joint.

My dad has explained some things about the hero course and what he experienced in his school years. He was a retired hero, of course. He'd stop after getting me, always saying it was to not bring harm to us. It would've been cool to have a hero dad, but he decided.

The USJ would be one huge dome with real-life scenarios built in. Like a flaming building or a sinking ship, it was all there. But, the coolest thing was the fact that we finally had to wear our hero costumes! The first time wearing them. That was probably the most exciting part.

We were told to change in them before entering the bus, it would be a lot easier. I equipped mine, I had a super hard time designing it and didn't know what I wanted at all. My costume didn't really matter for my quirk as it disappeared anyway.

I decided to go a bit bare, having it more comfortable and stylish, as well as protection points. My upper body was a crop top with the back straps crossed, I did add sleeves to it, so it would be more special. The sleeves would be the same color as the top and attached, long sleeves with a wide opening while there was a golden leaves design swirling over the fabric. On the face, a mask was put on, which was pulled over the nose, I was definitely not gonna get recognized in public and then being followed around. You wanted to stay as unrecognizable as possible.

I had gloves on without the fingers, and small pockets at the arms to put small useful stuff in. as well as the elbow points having a little harder point for protection. The pants were pretty tight and normal with an open stripe on both sides and a net design. As well as the knees having some harder points for kicking and protection. My waist was equipped with small bags to store things in. Finally, i had some long boots on which matched the rest a bit.

I was super proud in the end of how it looked. It may be simple, but at least I tried to put in some special cool parts.

Eventually, we all had to gather at the bus when you were done changing. So I waited for Hado at the exit of our changing rooms outside, just being a nice friend. It took her just a few seconds after me to come out. She seemed super excited and had a huge bright smile on her face.

Her hero costume was super cute and good-looking. All the colors were blue, which matched her hair color. She had a whole bodysuit on with straps at the legs. At her arms and feet, she had sort of green tapes wrapping around her limbs. She even gave her hair some swirly parts to match the outfit.

"Hado, you look so cool!" I smiled with my thumbs up. She brightened up even more by my reaction and jumped up and down. "No way, look at you! You look even cooler!!" She beamed up which made me blush a bit, but I was really happy she said it.

Almost everyone had arrived at the bus, Hado was chatting with some people while I just waited until we were allowed to enter the bus. Suddenly, I felt the presence of people closing in behind me. I turned around super quickly and gave the person behind me a dead stare, which was kind of an automatic thing.

I stared right in Amajiki's eyes with my horrifying dead stare, and he immediately started tensing up and shivering. It took me a second to realize, and apparently Togata was with him, so he immediately burst out laughing.

"Oh god, Amajiki, I'm so sorry!!" I nervously waved my hands around and shaked my head, I was an absolute mess and didn't mean to scare him like that. Amajiki just calmed down a little but was still a bit tense. It probably shocked him.

"Your suit looks cool (l/n)!" Togata pointed at me to get something to turn the attention to, I blushed again, super happy about the compliment. "I could say the same about you guys!" You nervously rubbed the back of your neck while trying your best to smile.

But you decided to take an actual look at the suits because you didn't even pay attention to them. Togata had a pretty classic hero suit with a red cape, but he made it look super cool. The most colors were red and white, and he had some kind of helmet on.

You turned, looking to Amajiki's suit. His seemed super original and cool. He had a big white cape with a hood, which he had on and a see-through mask. On his body, he carried big pouches for storage. He had the same white as a kind of skirt, and the rest was a black bodysuit with no shoes. Does he have a reason for not wearing shoes? You helped him with the tentacle thing a lot but never saw much else from him.

"Are you done admiring him (l/n)?" I jumped up and definitely just screamed like a kid, Hado was apparently standing next to me. How did I not notice that? I shivered and blushed a lot from her comment. I moved my head to the side and pushed my hands against my face to hide myself. "Aww, c'mon, don't get embarrassed." Hado pulled her arm a bit over your shoulder, and I could just hear the smile in her voice.

I felt her get really close to my face and wanted to move back a little to see what she was doing. "I won't lie. He is kind of handsome, isn't he?" There was a huge smirk on Hado's face, but also a lot of joy in her eyes. I pushed her back super quickly and didn't look, hiding my super red uncontrollable face. "I'm going to the bus." You barely mumbled out, not able to control your breathing.

Did she really have to do that? I mean, he is handsome, yes. BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT!

Your face felt warm, and it was definitely as red as a tomato. She really had to say it, didn't she? A small smile moved on your face. She's such a dummy.