Chapter 8 | Friends

"Oww, ouch!!"

"I told you to get patched up." You grunted and clutched your sides, damn this feels like my organs are just bleeding inside... I feel like shit.

It took you a few minutes to give in to the pain and decided to go to the infirmary. Amajiki was nice to tag along.

You tried to tell him it wasn't necessary at first, but then just accepted his kindness. So, a few minutes later, you were on the white bed at the infirmary.

And the pain only got worse. You groaned, sitting on the bed, Amajiki standing at the wall, not facing it, but just leaning with his back. "Just kill me alreadyyy, I don't want to die a stupid death, tell Hado I was brave..." You were basically mumbling to yourself, lost in the pain and your thoughts.

Recovery Girl gave you some painstoppers and said she had something that had to go first, so I had to wait a bit. What I didn't know was that those painkillers she gave me were making you all tired and drugged.

"What? Kill you??" Amajiki was lost, didn't understand what the hell was happening. He was standing there sweating and life drained from his face, the poor guy had no idea what to do.

It was sad. You dragged him in a whole mess, and you just knew him for a few days. You were gonna have to apologize when you got back up on your feet and didn't feel so damned drugged.

A few minutes of silence and recovery girl entered the white room. She smiled gently and waved. "Sorry for the wait, now I hope the medicine helped a bit already." She walked towards me and looked up.

She was pretty small, but it was kind of adorable. She's like a nice grandma. She smiled, patted my hand, and did her magical kissing powers.

Oh geeze, why do I feel so sleepy?

Recovery girl laughed gently, "Now, you just go home and sleep it off. You'll be fine tomorrow." She turned my hands around and placed some candy in them.

It was really quick, because before you knew it or even really knew what was happening, she was gone. I looked at the floor, feeling the drugged feeling going away as well.

There was silence, you were thinking, but thinking about what? I have no idea...

"Do... do you need more help?" Pulling your head up slowly, you couldn't help but gently smile. Standing up and bowing in front of Amajiki. 

"I'm really sorry for putting you through this. You really didn't have to help me in the first place." You pushed yourself up and smiled. You did look at him, totally forgetting he didn't like eye contact or people.

He tensed up, I could see it pretty clearly. I've been making him uncomfortable. This made you a bit gloomy again, and you faltered your gaze down once more.

"I'll just call my friend, she'll walk me home." You lost your smile. You really didn't want to make him feel more uncomfortable. You didn't want to wait for a reply, really, so you just walked towards the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" You turned around, Amajiki was still facing the floor, but he moved away from the wall to stand in behind me. He spoke up, so suddenly it caught you off guard.

You felt yourself relaxing, a smile creeping upon your face again. "Sure, I'll see you tomorrow." You replied, waving him off slightly. When you had finished the sentence, he looked up, surprised, and you could see he was relieved, relaxed.

You opened the door and left the room, still a small smile on your face. Pulling your phone out of your back pocket while walking, you found Kanna's number. And asked her when she'd be done.

•-----*-----•

Walking off home, you wondered what Hado would think. You didn't even say goodbye. Oh damn, the whole class might think you're some stupid girl who can't even take a punch and immediately runs home.

Ahh, I make such a bad impression now...

You pouted to yourself, Kanna, walking beside you turned. She noticed you were staring at the floor and being awfully quiet.

"Stop worrying about things, and yes, I know you're doing it." She waved her hand up and down and looked at me. She had a concerned expression with a small, gentle smile. She really was a good friend.

You managed to put a small smile on and pointed at the Café which was on our way home. "Shall we stop and get a drink?" You noticed it wasn't very late in the day just yet, so taking a drink would be alright.

It also helped you relax and enjoy something warm. Kanna nodded happily, becoming her cheery self and taking my hand gently to pull me along. It instantly boosted my mood, seeing her happy and just able to take my mind off things.

You had ordered one of your favorite hot drinks and took a seat at a table in the corner, Kanna joined a few seconds after with her drink. She smiled and moved her head left and right. She was definitely up to something...

"Sooo, tell me, how was your day?" Yep, there she goes. It was expected, but that didn't mean you wanted it. Now you had to bring your whole school day in thought again.

Dropping your head slightly, you avoided her gaze and mumbled, "terrible." Almost so quiet only you could hear, but she could hear what you said. You noticed from her expression changing to that concerned one again from before. You didn't want to see that face on Kanna. She's always happy.

"I'm sorry, did you at least make a friend?" She pulled her head down and dropped her smile a bit, still trying to hope there was something good about my day. I perked up from her question, "I think.." You stopped for a second, thinking, but then you were sure.

"I made 3 friends, I guess." I felt a small smile creeping on me, and I didn't mind. I let the happy feeling overwhelm me. This was the first time I made friends so quickly, and actually, more than just 1 friend.

Kanna cheered up again. She relaxed and sighed happily. "That's good, I hope they will make your school days a little less terrible." She smiled brightly at me, and it made me smile as well. And I did it all on my own.