Chapter 26 | Shopping

"Ahh, I still can't believe that I lost!" Hado complained, we were in our classrooms. It has been a few days since the festival and she kept talking about it.

I was bummed as well but didn't care as much as she did, I was just glad to make it as far as I did.

I knew I had to train more in combat, so that would be a thing. And my quirk control, I can never lose control like that again. It would be way too dangerous.

I looked back towards Amajiki. He was as normal as ever, just sulking around staring at his table with his arms draped over the desk.

Suddenly, our teacher, Miss Kayama, entered the room with her brightness. "All students must cheer up this instant! I have fun news." She beamed through the classroom.

All of us were confused and didn't react too much, one of my classmates asking what she meant.

Miss Kayama noticed that we weren't excited for whatever she had to say, so she sighed and opened her mouth. "I'm talking about the internships!"

She kept happily cheering. However, this time, she did get a reaction. Almost all of them cheered and roared about it. Of course, the internships would be important, but they could be a lot of fun.

I smiled slightly, knowing this could be really helpful. "So, some of the students that placed on top have been getting invites to agencies, recommendations we call them. And maybe some of you won't have any, but don't worry, you can all go on an internship!"

The board had lightened up from the beamer, the winner of the festival, and some other students on them with a lot of recommendations. Tageru, the winner, had the most of them. It seems not everyone cares about how reckless he is.

Yes, of course Tageru had won the festival.

You saw the many names and mine on there with just a few recommendations, but I accepted even the smallest bit.

Miss Kayama then turned it off and holding papers up, "Here are your recommendations if you have any, and fill in which agency you want to intern at on the other paper. Hand them in at the end of the week, please!"

We were going to attend our agencies after the weekend, and it would be the whole week full of learning.

But Miss Kayama spoke up again, "Oh, I almost forgot! After that, the class will be going on a trip to the island, more information will be told later but you can prepare for it!"

I was confused, the island? Do they mean an actual island, for how long?

Suddenly, Hado turned towards me, and her smile widened as far as it could go. "Ooh, this is going to be fun!!" I smiled and nodded at her, but the thought still lingering.

"What's the island?" I questioned while tilting my head slightly, Hado's eyes basically widened from the question and almost slammed her hands on my table.

"Oohh, it's an island where we'll be allowed to have a little vacation. Almost every class goes there at least once! It's like a private academia island, of course people still live there though." She smiled brightly while I tried to take in what she said.

A private island where we'll be allowed to have a little vacation? And first, our internships? That does sound pretty cool.

"Sounds cool!" I smiled at her while Miss Kayama had handed out all our papers. The school bell rang, indicating that we were done with school. It was still early, though.

Togata moved towards Amajiki, but Hado suddenly stopped him by pulling his sleeve. "Togata! We should totally go shopping for the vacation!" She then turned her head to me, and her smile brightened even more.