Chapter 6 | 'Friendly' battle

So, we had to do our first battle, and we were also the first ones in class that had to go. it was gonna be a disaster, you didnt even get to meet your other 2 team members.

You were nervous as fuck, didn't know what to do, your whole group just had to walk to the starting point which was the direct opposite side of your opponents. It would take a long while before you'd be able to cross paths unless you were fast.

We were standing at a small colored square, there was a small table with a see though box on top of it. An arrow was placed above it saying: 'place your team's disks here!' With a smiley face.

Looking at the box, you weren't thinking them to be too big, but how heavy are they? If they are light enough, I could simply fly with them.

"Hey, head in the clouds, kid, wake up!" You shrieked suddenly, someone bumping your arm while you were deep in your thoughts. You felt your face heating up as you realized the girl and guy staring at you, only Amajiki was just staring at the floor.

"Eh, what?" I squeezed out, not knowing if they asked me something or just wanted my attention. The guy placed a hand on his head, sighing super dramatically. "Ugh, this team is a living disaster."

I tilted my head, good team motivation, dude. The girl next to him slapped him on the head, "Be nice." She said to him, which probably meant they know each other.

She slightly bowed, "I suppose we don't have a lot of time, but my name is Hira Kazume. This here is Kizuno Takahiro." She smiled slightly while I just looked a bit confused, still in a daze from a few seconds ago.

"Emh, my name is (y/n) (l/n). And this is Tamaki Amajiki..." I pointed towards Amajiki, who was awkwardly standing there, still watching the beautiful floor.

"Well, we don't have a lot of time to tell our quirks in detail. Does any of you have a quirk that can find those disks?" Kazume basically went straight to the point, ignoring everything else, I guess she must be determined to win even though our team is kind of, ahum, bad.

I pointed up my finger slightly as no one else had anything better, "I could fly around?" I said awkwardly and quietly as I thought it might be a bad idea. I definitely don't want them to see me as a joke.

"Oh, you have some flying quirk? Great, you go and try to find them, we'll have to sabotage the other team." I widened my eyes, emmh. What does she think my quirk is? It's not that she's wrong, I do fly, but what does she have in her mind?

"Maybe if we split up, we could try to find 2 disks at the same time, and the others try to hold off the opponents, maybe steal theirs if they got anything.." Kazume was thinking out loud. No one else tried interrupting her, probably because she had the best (and only) plan we have right now.

"Ok, so flying girl finds one disk and returns them, shy guy, what can you do?" Takahiro pointed at Amjiki, I already didn't like this guy. Amajiki just tensed up, but before he could say anything, there was a voice beaming through the speakers.

"Strategizing is over. The search begins!" Our teacher yelled through the speakers, a loud ping sound was heard after which indicated we had to start. Fortunately for Amajiki, he didn't have to respond to Takahiro's question as our team immediately started to run in the field.

"(L/n), fly up now! Find one of the disks!" Kazume basically commanded to me, I didn't question it and nodded at her. Focusing on my breathing, in a matter of seconds, I jumped up to activate my quirk. My Tyto form is now flying in the spot where my body was just a second ago. My team members looked up at me with confused and surprised faces.

(Again, a tyto is a barn owl!)

I didn't waste a second to fly out of there, getting out of view and avoiding their stares. The owl's sight is remarkable as well as its big hearing. You were very grateful to yourself for practicing this form, which took you years. Flying is harder than it looks, and the eyes are super confusing.